Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm pretty new to British bikes, but trying to learn :)

My 1970 T100C, I believe from my readings here, shares oil from the primary to the engine (I've not confirmed checking for holes in case, but the breather does come out of the primary/countershaft sprocket area). Please confirm/deny this presumption if possible.

I've got nearly all the oil leaks sorted, except what seems to be coming from this breather pipe, dripping from the area where the countershaft drive sprocket lives. At first I thought this was the "auto chain oiler, but it would appear that mine does not have this feature? There is certainly oil coming out of this area, leaving a small puddle after each ride (along the lines of a couple of tablespoons).

Any suggestions where this might be coming from and if there is a way to correct it? Or is this just "normal" drippings?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks RR! I was kind of making the assumption it was engine oil, but in looking, you may be right with the gearbox. It does seem thick for engine oil. I had been blaming it on the oil tank and/or crankcase breather...perhaps incorrectly.

I'd be appreciative of any advise. :cool:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.