Mushrooms
Fried Eggs
Baked Beans (English kind)
Toast
Two cups of tea.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
They've started selling Heinz beans over here in California, now that we have Tesco's....have to say after not having eaten them in a long time I was very disappointed.....Busch's all the way for me.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Yep!.....they're only in Southern California, I believe....they call the stores "Fresh & Easy"...just like a British supermarket really....they don't have the huge deli, bakery, butcher sections etc. that the American grocery chains do...everything is pre-packaged. The prices are very good, as is the quality.....plus they carry some must-have items like Heinz salad cream and HP sauce......wicked indeed!!

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
I can always send you some if you like??....the store is only about 400 yards from my house.....Heinz beans are $1.49 a can, and salad cream is $3.99 a bottle.

Happy to help if necessary.

·
30,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Well that is a very kind offer! Actually I mail order from a store in Iowa, there is an ex patriot brit in Ames who has a store. He seems to be doing quite well. I sometimes do a bike run down there and stock up, which is fun.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Now that we have "Fresh and Easy" stores in Nevada, we have given up our life of crime and no longer have to steal HP sauce from the Irish pub up the road.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Had cold pizza yesterday for breakfast,...now I am out the door to have the best Dim Sum in the city.

Dim Sum is almost as good as pie. Mmmmm,.. :D

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Now that we have "Fresh and Easy" stores in Nevada, we have given up our life of crime and no longer have to steal HP sauce from the Irish pub up the road.
Haha!....that is classic!......I wonder if the people at my local English pub have ever noticed their bottles of vinegar go missing!!

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Well that is a very kind offer! Actually I mail order from a store in Iowa, there is an ex patriot brit in Ames who has a store. He seems to be doing quite well. I sometimes do a bike run down there and stock up, which is fun.
When I first moved to Huntington Beach, my cousin told me about a 7-Eleven down the road run by a lad from Manchester that carried British food items....he sold it quite soon thereafter to a couple of lads from Pakistan (not to stereotype, but no huge surprise there)....they've always continued to carry the stuff though, and not at rip-off prices either....which reminds me, I need to stop down there again soon and stock up on black pudding, steak & kidney pies and mince pies for Christmas.

nomnomonom!:D

·
Premium Member
7,462 Posts
well, I had half a cold pizza for brunch and for dinner some onion rings, 3 donuts and a bowl of instant noodles.

I think perhaps My diet could be better.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts