Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a dumb question, but should I break in my new 07 with the stock exhaust or can I put aftermarket exhaust on right away. I was thinking about getting the full Chain Reaction exhaust system and having the dealership put it on before I pick up the bike. I have seen a few other new bikes with new exhaust systems on them from the get-go, but just wondering what your opinions are. Thankyou.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Put it on. just get the TORS map put in. The chainreaction header is not available yet, just the mid pipe and cans.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I would put it on your self it way easy. (I should know i did it and i am a complete idiot) All else fails you try and cant do it then take it back to the dealership. But if you are able to do it then you just saved $80 to $200 depending on youir dealership.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I had the dealer put on my Trident system, not because I couldn't do it myself, but I wanted the TORS tune and knew I'd never be back to the dealer so it was just easier that way. They only charged me $80 for the install and the download. Since then I have had the whole exhaust off & modified, bought a TuneBoy & loaded a different tune. If I had known I was going to do all that I could have saved the $$. Ah, hindsight.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Go ahead and put the exhaust on, just get the tune. The cost for the tune is anywhere from 30 to 60 bucks depending on the dealer. It only takes 10 minutes to do. If your thinking of getting a tuneboy don't get a tune from the dealer. Tuneboy has that tune and you can load it yourself, or any other tune that comes available. Also, if you get a tuneboy you can bring the bike back to the stock tune without going back to the dealer to spend another the 30 to 60 bucks. Something to think about if you live where they sniff test your speedy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts