Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening, I'm wondering if someone can shed some light;

I bought my bike brand new, and when I pulled out of the dealer parking lot, I immediately noticed that my bike has no gear whine at all in 1st, heavy gear whine in second, and completely disappears for 3, 4, 5 and 6. Is this uncommon? Wondering if there is a more serious, underlying issue with the bike. I can put it up on a stand and take a video tomorrow, or video a short ride, but it is most definitely gear whine. Tension on the chain seems perfectly fine.

Thank you,

·
Registered
6 Posts
I occasionally notice the gear whine in the lower gears. Although I haven't noticed one being particularly louder than the others. Is 2nd gear definitely louder or could it be that you're at lower RPM than 1st (for the same speed, so there is less exhaust and engine noise)? 3rd and upwards may be less noticeable due to wind noise etc.

·
Registered
125 Posts
There is a whine from the balancer shaft between 2-4k rpm. Drives all my friends nuts. Is it different from that?

Reactions: Dius 765RS

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Check your chain tightness. Could be too tight. I have experienced that before from tightening my chain too tight and when i corrected the slack the issue went away

1 - 5 of 5 Posts