Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! I'm having trouble finding the torque specs for the bolts on my front brake calipers. This is for the RS. Does anyone know them? Thanks.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Good and snug (elbow, not ugga dugga), with a dab of loctite ?
My RS front calipers had copper grease anti cease on the bolts so I didn't use loctite. But yeah I've only hand tightened, didn't feel the need to torque wrench those bolts.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,628 Posts
As someone who has had a front brake caliper fall off due to improper tightening of the bolts and suffered potentially catastrophic loss of front braking, I would highly recommend using a torque wrench and tightening the caliper bolts to the manufacturer's specifications. But hey! If the brakes don't stop it, something will.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My RS front calipers had copper grease anti cease on the bolts so I didn't use loctite. But yeah I've only hand tightened, didn't feel the need to torque wrench those bolts.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
This seems like an unnecessary risk. I highly recommend torquing the fasteners to the appropriate amount -- they're responsible for holding together one of the two primary modes of control you have over your bike. -.-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts