Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have 10k on Speedy and it would appear as though I have a warped rotor. I pulled both rotors cleaned the bobbins, sanded the rotors and cleaned the calipers. Made no difference, vibration most evident at 25-30 mph.
I am leaning toward the EBC rotors (cheapest non OEM replacement) Anybody have a place they would recommend that sells EBC rotors or has a good deal on other rotors?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Did you check them against a straight edge? I think there are specs in the service manual to check for sure before you spend a bunch of cash.

The shaking is 100% related to the front brakes? Might check your headstock bearing as well.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
379 Posts
if you are going to go aftermarket i would suggest going with either stock replacement Triumph rotors or go with galfer or ABM rotors for the best stopping power....you wont be disappointed

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I checked them against a straight edge and are off they are actually pulling the bobbins in toward the wheel in one spot. As previously posted I did clean them very well I didcheck the headstock bearing (per your recommendation) (no play at all). I ended up going with the EBC all said and done $450 with pads (Bike Bandit I got 10% off AMA memeber). I would love the Galfer ABM but $700 beans is out of my range right now. I couldn't find anyone on here who had the EBC's so I'll keep everyone posted on performance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts