Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to change my front brake pads and the rotors. Can anyone recommend a good brand for either of these? Also, how would some approach this job if they don't have a front wheel stand?

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
timwu, We've installed EBC HH pads on the '02 on the recommendation from many others, works well.

Brad

PS Help us out and put which yr/mod Triumph you have in your profile. You'll see I have three listed.

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
You don't need a stand to do the front brakes on a 955. I'm not sure about other models...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
but if you don't have a stand, then how to you take the wheel off to replace the rotor?

·
Registered
154 Posts
EBC HH.

Great bite, nice progression. There is genuine engineering behind the 'HH'.

Make a lovely "tsssss" sound too...

·
Registered
57 Posts
I can second the EBC. Since we are on the topic of brakes and rotors, what is the min thickness of a rotor allowed before you have to replace it?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
brad-- nope, the rotor isn't warping (no pulsing when braking), but someone told me to run my run across the rotor and if you feel divots, then it's time for a new rotor, so there are places where my finger goes in, but I'm not sure if it warrants a new rotor. Approx how many miles do those last anyways?

btw, where's everyone buy their EBC pads? I don't see many places selling it

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
timwu, I hadn't heard of that before, maybe something to it. Find a short straight edge and back light the straight edge on the rotor, if there's a problem you'll see light between the straight edge and the rotor. Maybe a bit more precise than your finger.

Brad

·
Registered
328 Posts
i actually got mine at the dealer for a decent price, but you should be able to get them at most major bike sites bikebandit.com cyclegear.com ect...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts