Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Happy New Year! Question: my '77 Tiger has the stock Lucas brake light. The turn signals have been removed from the bike, and I like the look but I'd feel safer navigating NYC traffic with the signals installed. I was thinking of getting one of those LED brake light units that have integrated turn signals. This way I'll have the same footprint at the rear of the bike with the added functionality of turn signals. Do you know if anyone makes a bolt-on kit of this sort that would fit in the Lucas housing? There are several manufacturers that sell the LED boards and flasher units, I'm thinking I may need to find the closest size board and make it fit on my own. But if someone makes a bolt-on solution I'd rather go that way.

Thanks!
M

Example of this sort of thing below:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hmm..well, you're probably right about visibility. Although a bank of LEDs would almost certainly be an improvement in both visibility and reliability over my current setup.. (See how well I can rationalize these things? Just don't bring DOT approval into it.. ;) )

·
Registered
101 Posts
LED's are the cat's pj's. Instant on, BRIGHT, relatively vibration proof and long life are a few of their attributes. I got them on everything. I made some LED board for the turn signals on my T140V that are on low when running lights on and b flash brightly when they are required to.

DOT? What's that. DOT has NO approval system I am aware of.
>Just don't bring DOT approval into it.

They may take your money for sticker rights. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts