Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was riding behind my wife's Bonnie yesterday and noticed she had no rear lights illuminated.

Before I start trying to fix the issue, could someone let me know if the brake light is generally illuminated on the Bonnie as a running light? I'm 90% sure it should be but it doesn't hurt to check I guess.

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
I was riding behind my wife's Bonnie yesterday and noticed she had no rear lights illuminated.

Before I start trying to fix the issue, could someone let me know if the brake light is generally illuminated on the Bonnie as a running light? I'm 90% sure it should be but it doesn't hurt to check I guess.
Yes it is. Just gets brighter when the brake is applied. Obviously check fuse and bulb first. Good luck.

·
Registered
11,070 Posts
It's a standard two-filament bulb, I think an 1157.

Does her brake light work? If so, it's probably the bulb.

·
Registered
11,070 Posts
We help everyone. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't believe threads such as this...:confused:
Because my wife got a brand new bike broken, so we never saw the rear light on? It wasn't that unreasonable of a question, sorry to inconvenience you, dick.

·
Premium Member
20,740 Posts
Because my wife got a brand new bike broken, so we never saw the rear light on? It wasn't that unreasonable of a question, sorry to inconvenience you, dick.
Sorry about that. There's no need for sarcasm. Take a good look at my record and reputation of helping people out over the last two years, day in, day out, and tell me I'm not a helpful person. I just though the question was a bit basic and the answer obvious.

My apologies.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No problem, it IS a basic question... but after 44 miles of total riding, I think I'm still entitled to a few basic questions.

I'm sure you asked a few stupid questions when you were new to this yourself.

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
Was it the bulb?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
190 Posts
Sorry about that. There's no need for sarcasm. Take a good look at my record and reputation of helping people out over the last two years, day in, day out, and tell me I'm not a helpful person. I just though the question was a bit basic and the answer obvious.

My apologies.
Probably everyone here knows you have bent over backward to help many, many people, so I'm willing to let that one slide.....and I have to say I thought the same thing!:eek:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will say 30 Hail Steve McQueens and endeavor to ask better questions in the future.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'm sure you asked a few stupid questions when you were new to this yourself.
In Forchetto's defense he simply does not ask stupid questions, he's helped out so many of us here, and his arsenal of knowledge, believe it or not does command bragging rights, that's why I call him El Presidente. Cut him some slack, we're all human here. You will soon learn to appreciate him and I don't think he meant his comment so sound as harsh as taken....

·
Registered
190 Posts
I will say 30 Hail Steve McQueens and endeavor to ask better questions in the future.

Thanks everyone.
I'm glad you posted. Since you said it's not the bulb nor fuse, this is indeed a mystery. My Bonnie with about 1000 miles on it recently spent about a month at the dealer's to have its wiring harness replaced, so there is something going on with the Bonnies, sounds to me. Please do post and update us what eventually corrects the problem.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts