Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went deer hunting this weekend and had my brakes fixed at the same time courtesy of my son who took the bike in to the shop. The brakes are great so far!! No deer though-too hot . It was 80 degrees Sat and Sun! They laid up.
Brakes are good. Hope they hold.

· Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Riding report-great brakes. the fix apparently is in. I can make them bite hard instantly and the tire howls for mercy as I barely squeeze my short Pazzo lever set on 2. Have to be careful or you will lock it up!
Really working well-I am totally satisfied for now.

THANK YOU TRIUMPH

· Registered
1,181 Posts
On 2007-01-17 13:48, dragonrider wrote:
What mileage did the problem crop up on the '05-'06 bikes? I have an '07 and want to verify that mine already has the new mod and look out for any malfunctions.
I'd only worry about it IF the brake lever starts to get mushy with lotsa travel. If it's hard and firm (yeah yeah I know) don't worry about it.

· Registered
669 Posts
Got the brake fix done yesterday, and could really feel a nice difference on the ride home. Still have the stock lever on setting 1, but there's considerably less travel, and the bite is very nice. It took the mechanic about 2.5 hours to do the job including bleed, and unfortunately, Triumph only reimburses for .91 hours labor, so a tip may be in order.

· Registered
1,008 Posts
reporting in as of today's ride.
<BR>
<BR>went up north along hwy 1 to tomales bay.
<BR>the brakes have been feeling very well. there is no 'get up in the morning to find the "mush" has happened'.
<BR>
<BR>it has a nice feel up front then it's all brakes. it's nice. it feels for real. hoping it'll stay.
<BR>i'd like to try 2 lines to see what that's like. (but i'd be very happy if these were to stay exactly as they are right now)
<BR>
<BR>

[ This message was edited by: zooplancton on 2007-01-21 18:30 ]

· Registered
23 Posts
I had mine done last week
did not have time to test them and cold brakes and wet roads did not inspire any testing
I did take the calipers off and looked at pistons before taking to the shop - usual grubby brake dust encrusted pistons
I have not taken them off since, but a quick look with a torch showed some pistons that looked a dull colour (as though they had been sanded with emery paper)
not the new shiney look one would expect

can someone who has had them done and not travelled too far have a quick check with torch and for those without a torch a flashlight will do :)

I may be paranoid but ..... I dont trust my dealer
I had to show them the letter/email from an earlier post
this was after I went in, explained about the letter and goodwill and all that - told to come back when they had checked
went back - they claimed no such thing existed - showed them the letter - thay photocopied it - told me they would ring me back - which they did and apologised saying triumph had not let them know about this
anyway its done.....or its it?

· Registered
2,279 Posts
The mechanic at my dealer showed me the old parts. He said they have to save them for a period of time, so they can prove they did the job, in case Triumph checks up on 'em to see that the warranty work it paid for was actually done.

As far as lever feel goes, mine has stayed the same since the fix - which is to say, it still feels a little cushy in the initial travel, but stops plenty hard, and no Creeping Lever Travel.

· Registered
57 Posts
VOSA in the UK have instructed Triumph to carry out a full investigation into the problem. All the pistons that are removed from UK bikes are to be sent to Triumph for inspection.

How many miles have you done now R1P?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.