Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who still has the 14mm master brake cyl with absolutely no problems at all with the brakes out there? Im wondering if I really need to replace it...since I seem to still have a firm lever. :???:

·
Registered
128 Posts
no problems at all,
spent my $ on a set of Pazzo levers
instead.

The bike needs alittle Bling.

·
Registered
271 Posts
HAVE '00 RS 4,300 MILES-NO BRAKE PROBLEMS AT ALL.GAVE UP ON 6 POT CALIPER/MC CONVERSION AS AWASTE OF TIME AND $.SEE PARTS FOR SALE IN CLASSIFIDES.

·
Premium Member
24,402 Posts
Well guys,
I always get flamed for saying ths.

I know mine is an older 2004 955i model.

But I have no problems with my brakes, I have only ever found a slight spongeyness ocassionally which a rubber band overnight fixes.

I have ridden a new '06 Busa and didn't like the "wooden" feel of the 6 pot Tokicos although it could have been glazed pads.

My brakes are powerful and have very good feel and feedback. I like 'em.
I do not commute only quick mountain rides mostly two up, I have never gotten more than 6,470kms out of any type of rear tyre and use my brakes plenty.

NO probs! :)

DaveM :cool:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Mine have always been good,but I just changed the lines to the Galfer dual line setup and WOW!! What a difference,maybe it`s just dumb luck but the lever is tighter than it`s ever been. I used a EZ Bleeder to fill the system and two of Motion Pro`s one way bleeder valves (one on each side) and now their tighter than when new.

·
Registered
67 Posts
'01 RS...bought new 6/03...13.5Kmiles, mostly tight, sometimes fast mountain roads, (live next to southern Sierras). One finger braking.

·
Registered
646 Posts
'02 Sprint ST which had increasing brake lever travel for quite some time.

Several months ago I replaced the M/C with a Kawi 10R M/C. I was misled when purchasing off of ebay as it is only a 14m M/C. Nevertheless, I now have several hundred miles on it with NO increasing brake lever travel.

I still need to put a thousand or so miles before I can confirm this, but so far I am pleased!

Nevertheless, If my dealer will swap my M/C for a new Triumph 5/8, I will!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts