Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought a new 2009 Sprint ST and am having a great time with it. It joins my 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S. One thing that bothered me was the brake lever was so far away even with the adjustment all the way in. I was pulling it in with my finger tips. I eventually bought a set of aftermarket levers from a site in Hong Kong which are similar to the Pazzo but more likely made in China. Now at least I can reach the brake lever comfortably. They cost about $84 including postage. I bought them in black which looks good on my black bike. So I am enjoying the bike and look forward to doing some longer rides.

·
Registered
21 Posts
How is the quality of the levers. I have looked at getting some Pazzo levers for my 09. I just have a problem spending that kind of money on levers.

How was the quality?

Fit and installation?

Do you have a link from where you ordered them?

Thanks.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Auto part Vehicle Tire Rim Automotive design

Auto part Fuel line Vehicle Engine Car
The fit is very good. I think the quality is very good considering the price. The brake lever is a direct replacement while the clutch needs the brass sleeve for the pivot bolt swapped to the new lever. Grease the pivots of course. I bought the standard length in black as I have a black bike. The seller is called Mlabel.parts from Hong Kong. Bought them on ebay. Even at the closest setting it pulled the brake in only about half an inch but I needed that to be more comfortable if I need to grab a lot of brake. That as well as they look pretty hot. I am very happy with them.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
I'm thinking of getting some also for my 03. The brake lever isn't the problem so much as the clutch for me. Does anyone else find the clutch to be quite "manly"? I don't know if this is all Sprints or if the PO of mine put heavier clutch springs in it. Good question if anyone knows the answer for me. I love the looks of the levers and I am guessing if the lever were closer to the bar it would be easier to pull? Or should I consider swapping out the clutch springs for something lighter? I am selling my Kawi ex500, which is normally what I ride if I'm in a lot of stop and go traffic, so anything that makes the clutch friendlier to me would be helpful.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
The clutch lever on my 02 requires more effort than the Sprint GT or the Speed Triple that I demo'd over the weekend. I don't know how it compares to years 05-10.

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
I was very used to the clutch effort of my Sprint and didn't think twice about it until I hung out with a bunch of other bikers and swapped bikes one day. Everybody was willing to let me ride theirs, but no one wanted to ride mine because the clutch was so stiff! :eek:

Shortly thereafter, I replaced the clutch cable with the Yamaha cable from the sticky. My clutch got a lot easier. I think it's because the Triumph cable has a 90º elbow near the lever, whereas the Yamaha is straight.

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think the one on my 09 is just right. A little stiffer than the Hondas that I have had (VFR / CBR) but no where near as stiff as my last Kawasaki.

No complaints on how stiff it is. Now the pull length could definitely be shortened. I think Im going to look at getting a set of those levers.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I find the pull on the Sprint much easier than the pull on my Suzuki Bandit. But it has a hydraulic clutch on that bike. On a side note, on Sunday went for a ride out to Simi Valley and then on to the Ventura Freeway, along Kaanan Dune towards PCH, east on Mullholland Drive, thru The Snake (have to check the photos) a quick stop at the Rock Store (didn't see Leno), back to Kaanan Dune and back on to the coast. Coming down the hill to Malibu and the whole coast was socked in with clouds. It was actually starting to get cold, so I said stuff this, back to Mullholland Drive, and took it east all the way to Calabasas, onto the Ventura Freeway to the 405 and then back north to Santa Clarita. Going along the Ventaura Freeway I got passed by about 100 bikes that belonged to a stunt club. An interesting site. Their riding behavior didn't exactly give the rest of us a good name. Anyway it was a great ride and the bike is about to get it's 600 mile service.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I was looking around at levers because ASV has a holiday deal for $145. Kind of still too much for my liking. Then I came across this set, also from Hong Kong, for $42.80 OTD for the pair. One of the buyers in the feedback section is a Sprint owner giving good feedback. For 43 bucks, I figured I'd give them a try.

Edit: Upon reading more feedback, I see our own Roxynoodle bought a set as well. Roxy, let us know when yours arrive.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...30491109551&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:MOTORS:1123

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Bruce,

I remember seeing those a couple of months ago too. They look good; certainly better photos. I really didn't expect to be buying levers but for the price, I figure it's worth it just for the look, so long as they work properly.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Bruce,

I remember seeing those a couple of months ago too. They look good; certainly better photos. I really didn't expect to be buying levers but for the price, I figure it's worth it just for the look, so long as they work properly.
You bet they are a good price!
Let us know what you think of them.
Not that it's relevant to the levers, but I got a shipment from Hong Hong last month in 6 days. It would be nice to find your eBay seller is just as prompt.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
I was looking around at levers because ASV has a holiday deal for $145. Kind of still too much for my liking. Then I came across this set, also from Hong Kong, for $42.80 OTD for the pair. One of the buyers in the feedback section is a Sprint owner giving good feedback. For 43 bucks, I figured I'd give them a try.

Edit: Upon reading more feedback, I see our own Roxynoodle bought a set as well. Roxy, let us know when yours arrive.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...30491109551&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:MOTORS:1123
Yep, that was me! They arrived on time but I had to get after the seller a bit by telling him I needed them within 30 days or I'd have to file with paypal. He only had 2 feedback when I bought them. One was as a buyer and one was in Chinese. So I was a bit leery. But, the day I sent him that message he made them and got them shipped. The finish was wonderful and they were an excellent fit with no modification. I'm very happy with them. I might advise people wait until after Christmas shipping delays to order them though. He does have more feedback now, and all on levers. I am glad I took the chance for the price though. Others had been selling the same design of lever for more than twice that price, which was still cheap compared to Pazzo or ASV. I almost bought them then, but held off, then saw this much better deal.

I think what's going on is these guys get a CNC machine and blueprints and more and more of them are going into business. Once they've gotten a lot of feedback, the prices go up. So the new guy was worth taking the chance on.

I've only gotten to ride with them once though as they just arrived a few days ago. I got the standard length and am happy with that. It made all the difference in the world to have an adjustable clutch lever now. It feels much easier to pull with it set closer to the bar.

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
I've bought a lot of Chinese machined goods, and will continue to do so. However, the buyer needs to be aware that the Chinese anodized parts can have a wide range of hues. While most anodizers in the Western world have a somewhat agreement as to colors (probably more to do with the dye suppliers they use), the Chinese are not consistent.

The other consideration is the aluminum grade. Be leery of a vendor that does not specify it.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Anyone with Pazzo shorties?

According to the seller, my new Pazzo knock-off shorties have been shipped. I tried to change to the standard length, but too late.

For those with the shorties, is it difficult to hold the clutch lever for long periods like when you are stuck in traffic? After I ordered them, I remembered there have been times when my hand got tired even with the factory levers.

Just wondering if there's any feedback on this, or if I should just order another set and sell these when they arrive. Thanks

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
I don't find the shorties terribly different from stock, but I never really used all four fingers with the stockers.

Edit: I think if anything initial effort might be higher, but holding it in in traffic would be about the same. Either way I've been quite happy with mine, and they do better in an off than the long ones. (I did get a scuff on the end of my clutch lever in this last one, but I also lost the left bar end as well.)

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Thanks for the input Kit. Another thread also said they weren't that much different in length, so I'll wait until they come to decide.

My concern isn't in normal riding as much as the occasions where you're stuck in a traffic jam. Last summer in a long jam on the slab, my hand was so sore that I tried to slip the bike into neutral as much as possible because I was riding the clutch for miles and just needed relief. I know that doesn't happen too often, but I am hoping the shorties won't be worse in that situation.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.