Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I am going to install my Boyer Micro Power system that comes with the dual lead coil. I was wondering the best place to mount the box and more importantly where to mound the coil?

If anyone has pictures or descriptions on where they mounted theirs it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Matt
Triumph Bonneville T-120

·
Registered
518 Posts
hey matt..not sure about the duel coil...but i just installed a sparx ignition to my 71 bonneville..i think the sparx and the boyer are about the same size (my bike is an oil in frame also)...anyway i used some velcro and stuck it to the bottom of my battery holder,(the underside) it fit nicely under there ,the velcro keeps it from ratteling around under there and i also zip tied to the battery holder also, from the left side to right, both front and rear.....sorry i dont have pics , its all back together.....and welcome,........Tom

·
Premium Member
3,989 Posts
I bolted my Sparx unit onto the left-hand metal panel behind the plastic air-filter...underneath the `Bonneville 650` label.
The reason for bolting the heatsink to the chassis is to aid thermal dissipation.
I dont know the dimensions of your dual lead coil, so cant help with that problem.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the supplies so far! I think I will definitely mount the box to the fender under the battery. As for the coil, It is not very large, I am not near it right now so I do not know the dimensions, but here is a picture of it, maybe it will help.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I finally figured out how I'm gonna do this (72 OIF T120V). As suggested previously, under the battery tray seems fairly clear - so I plan on attaching an "L" bracket under the tray and attach the coil to that. I will attach the Blue Box on the opposite side with another bracket shaped like a tray. Both pieces will have a bit of inner tube to help isolate them from vibration.

Thanks, you guys rock!

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
I removed the original coil bracket and made up a new one to fit the coil to. The blue box is under the l/h side panel (non standard) on another made up bracket.
HT lead supplied wasn't long enouth though

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey 394c,

That looks like a pretty nice setup too and mounting another bracket under the LH side panel gives you more mounting space doesn't it. Yet again, another Hmmmm. LOL

Thanks

Neil

1 - 9 of 9 Posts