Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

To go with my engine upgrades I need to start looking at shocks and forks.
I did a search but thought I would ask again for opinions.
Bearing in mind: I am 10 stone I do about 50% riding 2 up (wife around 9) and I live in the fens which have pretty rough undulating roads, so I am looking for comfort as much as speed.

What would you go with?
I have quote from Maxton, Ikon and Hagon.

Thanks for all of the input.

Barry

·
Registered
92 Posts
Many people have reported good results with the progressive suspension fork springs and 412 shocks available from newspeedmaster.com

·
Registered
92 Posts
my bad. I was thinking you had an America or Speedmaster. Not sure what Brent has for the standard Bonneville, but would be worth a check.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I went for Hagon front springs (they are a direct like-for-like swap with no alteration of spacers) complete with Thruxton pre-load adjusters for a bit of flexibility.

Ikons on the back.

A very cost-effective and pronounced improvement all round.

V.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I went for Hagon front springs (they are a direct like-for-like swap with no alteration of spacers) complete with Thruxton pre-load adjusters for a bit of flexibility.

Ikons on the back.

V.
Where did you go for the Ikons? I'm after an all black pair of shocks for a bonnie black (and a 7" (preferably all) black headlight, although that's proving more of a problem). Have to say, I'm tempted to go black shocks and red springs. But equally, don't want to spend all that money on getting it wrong.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
I'm after an all black pair of shocks for a bonnie black (and a 7" (preferably all) black headlight, although that's proving more of a problem).
You can blast & powdercoat your stock bucket....or EMGO makes an all black bucket. Here's a pic of my beemer race bike with the emgo bucket.

Regards,

--Rich

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi

Just got this back from Ikon. Didnt realise they were Aussie.

Hello Barry,

Thanks for your enquiry. Based on your description I would think that our 7610 series shocks with a lighter rate spring than our normal will be the best choice of our range for you. If you want this with chrome springs the cost is AUD$490.00 the pair including shipping to the UK. If you want them with chrome springs and covers similar to the original style the cost is AUD$590.00 the pair including shipping to the UK.

Regards
Geoff

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Ikons on the back.

A very cost-effective and pronounced improvement all round.

V.
Did you go with the 362 or thwe 327 lenght?

Barry

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Didnt realise they were Aussie
Sure are!!

In UK you may be better dealing with SRM.
They're receiving stuff from Ikon all the time and will be able to quote cost in GBP and delivery etc more accurately.
Ikon will probably send yours to them anyway for forwarding on.

Did you go with the 362 or thwe 327 length?
My bike is a Scrambler which are the same length shocks as the Thruxton.
Slightly longer than the Bonnie.

V.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts