Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
From ebay I've won the Beringer's 6 pots for 245 euros and LSL handlebars for 60 euros.
Also, Jack Lilley had a sale on 11th December with a 20% discount on all mail order products and I've bought a few more things: seat cowl, tank pad, K&N filter... It's all happened at the same time and almost feels providential.
Now all I have to do is buy the fireball orange Speed Triple 1995 I've found for sale!!!!!!!!
http://motos.coches.net/ocasion/modelo.cfm?id=3787714&marca_modelo=TRIUMPH SPEED TRIPLE

I phoned the guy today and agreed to buy it. 4000 euros, not a cent less. It's 'just' a case of being about to get to the city (700kms away) and then driving it back at this time of year. Gonna freeze my balls off!! Looking at dates now....

·
Registered
282 Posts
I hope it all works out well and you get the S3 home OK. I look forward to seeing some pics with the Berringers on it. Should look and stop great. Did you just get the calipers or the master cylinder as well.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Beringers came without the master cylinder but I have a brembo master cylinder on my '06 955 which I may be able to use and would be put to better use on the old Sp3, if it fits...

I'll have to get longer braided hoses as I'm going to fit the LSL handlebars. I'm finding the low clip-ons on the 955 uncomfortable for road riding in general and prefer the handling of the TBS bars.

I've managed to get the TBS to handle so well that I'm confident I can do the same with the SP3. All in all, with the right adjustments to the suspension and raising the forks through the yoke, it should be even better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts