Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Closed the deal today, Jet black 2016 leftover. It's about 100 miles away so I'll pick it up as soon as the weather warms up and ride it home. For now I'm just adding the knee pads and black leather tank strap. Such a good looking bike.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Congrats!! Last Sat while visiting the local dealer, I noticed their last ‘16 Thruxton marked way down for quick sale. Black with gold racing stripes. I was tempted!!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Closed the deal today, Jet black 2016 leftover. It's about 100 miles away so I'll pick it up as soon as the weather warms up and ride it home. For now I'm just adding the knee pads and black leather tank strap. Such a good looking bike.
You will love it I brought my 2016 Thruxton S just on 3 months now and love every minute on it only took me 2 full day ride to get the first service up, the S might not have all the bling of the R model but it handles pretty good the way it is and the brakes are good as well, did you get it with the fairing kit as mine had it on in the show room and I got the bike for a great price as well, my only problem at the moment is we have had over a month of heavy rain our wet session has hit hard this year and there is more coming, have clocked up 3,000ks so far just wish there was no rain lol.

Ashley

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You will love it I brought my 2016 Thruxton S just on 3 months now and love every minute on it only took me 2 full day ride to get the first service up, the S might not have all the bling of the R model but it handles pretty good the way it is and the brakes are good as well, did you get it with the fairing kit as mine had it on in the show room and I got the bike for a great price as well, my only problem at the moment is we have had over a month of heavy rain our wet session has hit hard this year and there is more coming, have clocked up 3,000ks so far just wish there was no rain lol.

Ashley
No fairing kit. Just the stock bike, but got a good deal on it and the 0% financing that Triumph has right now. I know the fancy suspension and brakes of the R would have been pretty much wasted on me. I don't do track days or ride to the edge on public roads. I had a Street Triple R and the handling ability was way above my normal riding pace. I do ride briskly and I think the Thruxton standard will be more than fine and fun for me.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
You be surprised in how well the S handles with the stock suspension I push mine pretty hard in the twisties and have had the tyres to their outter edge many times without any problems at all, I have a set of Ikon shocks to put on it but so far have not needed to but they would be good as they have a few more adjustments on them, if the front needs it over time I just put a set of Racetec spring in there.

Ashley

1 - 7 of 7 Posts