Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far a good week. Picked up Dynabeads from someone about 15 miles from me,..and Saturday I ordered the Cycle Hill. It was shipped yesterday,..got it today.

Have to say, there is a time to Macgyver,...and a time to just get busy. So I did.

I was looking for a while for a new or used tire changer and couldn't find much. I knew No-Mar has a good product but when contacting them re; the Cycle Hill, shipping to Canada was inching up on $750 plus. Locally the dealer price was up there as well.

So I found Blue Streak Racing in Ontario. $499 ($564.94 to my door ) and unbelievably, no $200 dollar shipping charge. No shipping charge at all.

Dealt with Tony and he was prompt and answered my questions fast. Lots of Triumph stuff as well. http://bluestreakracing.ca

This will pay for itself in no time. 3 people from my work want to know when I can do their tires,....and it ain't even of the box yet.

Anyways,..if you are in Canada looking for a tire changer,..this may be your calling.

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
That's fantastic. And definitely not ghetto! I want one of these so badly. I've changed out my tires twice now using regular levers and spoons, a lot of work, but I was sucessful.

But just this past Sunday I helped a friend swap out his rear tire on his VStrom. A Pilot 3. We couldn't do it. Out of frustration we finally gave up and took it down to a car tire joint and talked a dude into doing it for us real quick.

I'm still frustrated that I failed on that tire. With my two bikes, and putting about 15K a year on those bikes, and at least three friends I work and ride with, it seems worth it now.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I did my rear tire last week with spoons and a lever and it was difficult. I did okay but the longest part now of changing the tires will be taking them off the bike.

Looking forward to setting it up and doing the front tire this weekend.

I will still be thinking ghetto,...for something I am sure :D

·
Premium Member
22,706 Posts
So how much is the labor at Deluxe's Tire Abode? I need tires on my Bonneville and I sure as Hell ain't changing them.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure yet. Have to watch the DVD and study the technique :D

·
Premium Member
22,706 Posts
Not sure yet. Have to watch the DVD and study the technique :D
What if I help out? I can hand you beers while you change my tires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts