Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a boot model that doesn't look like I'm trying to race at Laguna Seca? I'm so not a fan of racerx riding boots. In fact, my Doc Marten's have always been my favorite but I would like to ditch the laces.

I really like the Sidi On Road Sympatex's but every review says the sole wears out too quickly. Not good for a $200+ pair of boots.

These are cool too- very cool but they are laced.

http://www.altberg.co.uk/Web/motorcycle1.jsp

[ This message was edited by: Golfinc on 2006-12-29 09:37 ]

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
Hey Golf, I got these Alpinestars Roam waterproofs...

they retail for $140, but I got mine for like $125 from Mid Carolina Powersports in Burlington. Well, ok, I didn't buy them, but my wife paid that for 'em for my bday last year. :-D

[ This message was edited by: cheapbastard on 2006-12-29 09:42 ]

·
Registered
700 Posts
My Sidi Vetebras look similar to those Alpine Stars. They don't make them any more, but you could pick up a used pair. I got mine off of ebay for about ~$150. Now, Sidi makes the Vertigo, but I think those are what you mean by too racer looking. I love my Vertebras.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Love my Vertebra Tepors. My Triumph boots are great too, but just haven't been the same since they got soaked and filled with water. I'll probably eventually get a new pair as they're as comfortable as street shoes.

·
Super Moderator
22,196 Posts
I just ordered a pair of these

Icon Motorhead

The white ones a bit wild for my taste so I went with the black (or 'Stealth' Icon calls it)

Best deal out there at MetricBikes on these at $99 - no shipping charge! Most other places are $150 (MSRP is $180)

Or these other Icons - Field Armor Boots (I love the way that New Enough displays their products! You get a really good perspective)
These have laces but only for adjustment - as you will see the main entry is through the zippered side.
(those are $94 at Metric - you'll have to apply for pricing at NewEnough)

I had also considered these Joe Rockets
SuperStreet or Meteor but they fit a little narrow for me.
(actually the wife had bought the Meteors for Christmas but had to return them)

I eventually prefer the styling & protection offered by the Icon Motorheads.

Anyway, those are some of the things I looked at for same reasons as you.

[ This message was edited by: DEcosse on 2006-12-29 10:54 ]

·
Registered
646 Posts
On 2006-12-29 11:10, Speed3 wrote:
I have Sidi Vertigo's because I want to come out of a crash able to walk.
Amen!!

I also have the Triumph Expedition II boots, they are extremely comfortable and extremely well made, the new 2007's dont look bad at all but racer lookin' or no, it's hard to not put on my Sidi vertibra's for the protection, control and feel they give you. they are amazing!

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
+1 on the Joe Rocket Metors. Mine should be here today.

I wanted the Icon Field Armor, really dig the look, but the toe is HUGE and most reviews I've read mention that this causes some problems shifting. This would be especially problematic on the BMW, where I already have a hard time fitting my foot between the right cylinder and the brake pedal, so that one's out.

Here's the thing - I ride every day, including to work, so I need something that does not look too robo-tech, and something comfortable enough to walk around in all day. I wouldn't even have considered the JR, except that the new models don't say "ROCKET" all over 'em (which is sorta like having SQUID plastered across your forehead). The Meteor looks good, is comfortable, and is reasonably priced.

You really can't go wrong with the Alpinestars or Sidis, either, but they're pretty spendy.

I have other boots for track use.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
R100, The Sidi Strada is a good boot without all the bells and whistles. I have a pair, and they look good under jeans or pants for off bike apps.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I use Oxtar Matrix GTX II Boots, they look pretty normal relatively comfortable for walking and appear to provide good protection. (Just totaled speedy and I, my ankles and feet are unhurt)

They fit the bike well and fit me which is important I have Fred Flinstone feet ( very wide )

They cost about $190

I am unable to paste or attach the picture of the boots. Just google Oxtar and you can see them.

P.S. If anyone can tell me how to insert images/picture I would be grateful.

Oxtar Matrix GTX II Boots
Here is the link:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Screwed up the last attempt to insert a link to an image

I am usually not this technically challenged but I am a relative newbie to these chat sites. Now I am attempting to insert a url to a site with the boots

Page Title

·
Super Moderator
22,196 Posts
Go to the page where your image is hosted (in this case the Bike Bandit page you linked to)
Mouse over the image, right click & select properties
Copy the URL address of the image
Reply to the thread & click on the IMAGE icon below the text field
'Paste' the address into the pop-up window
Enter

et Voila!

Also note that you don't have to create a new post if you make a mistake - just click the "EDIT" icon below your post then it will bring back up your field where you can re-edit it.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
452 Posts
I normally use Combat Boots...since I have so many pairs.... jungle, desert, jump. Would like to get a pair of Engineer boots since they have the classic style.

Have a pair of the Triumph low top boots. Not as compfy as my combat boots.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts