Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think the title says it all. What are the differences.

I know the Thrux shocks are longer than the bonnie's but at the scrams longer than thrux's, how about the difference in ride between the three?

I'm anticipating a new D&D exhaust soon and know that the ground clearance will be a little sketchy with stock bonnie shocks, and mine look like crap any ways (only bad part about living near the ocean). There happens to be a like new pair of scram shocks in the classifieds for a decent price to hold me over till i can up grade to something better.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
What are the differences.

.... are the scrams longer than thrux's.
The Thrux and Scrambler shocks are the same length.

Stock shocks shouldnt go for very much on Eaby/classifieds 'cos their not very good compared to the after-market alternatives.

I guess thats why they're there!

V.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ha i just noticed i spelled bonnie wrong.

Any ways, i know there are better aftermarket shocks out there, im just looking at the scram shocks in the classifieds here as something to get me through till i can throw another 500 at the the bike.

i was just wondering if the scrambler shocks were softer than the bonnie shocks and would cause some weird handing with the stock front suspension

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
The springing is pretty much the same , being longer they will raise the rear end up which will quicken up the steering a little bit. They should be cheap enough to buy used, and will get you by until you save enough for upgraded ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts