Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a Triumph genuine windscreen on my '07 Bonnie about a year and a half ago. The screen is now cracking at the 3 holes across the middle of the screen. Any one else running into this situation? I am incredibly pissed because I can't get a new screen from the dealer.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
plexi cracks

You can stop drill the cracks to prevent them going any further.
Get a 1/8 sharp drill bit and drill a little hole just past the end of the cracks. You will be able to see just how far the crack goes by moving your head around a bit, you'll see the crack stand out to it's limits. Ideally you want the hole to go about an eighth inch beyond the end of the crack since the fracture probably goes that far but you just can't see it. That should stop the cracks, then you can decide if you're gonna replace the shield or not.

·
Registered
8,877 Posts
I put a Triumph genuine windscreen on my '07 Bonnie about a year and a half ago. The screen is now cracking at the 3 holes across the middle of the screen. Any one else running into this situation? I am incredibly pissed because I can't get a new screen from the dealer.
I know how you feel I am on my 2nd one now I think they all do that in time.just like there leather bags ,there cheap made junk for what they cost you.I think you can buy just the clear part after market from clear view or something like that .

·
Registered
90 Posts
Mine cracked too, the factory said it can't be replaced unless installed by the dealer. The dealer replaced it anyway but it cracked again. I bought a Clearview and it's fine. Not Triumph's finest hour!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info!!!

I took a look at "Clearview". Liked what I saw and bought a replacement screen. Really like the larger size available, I am 6'4" so the added 4 inches will cut down the "head bobble". Again, thank you for the answer to my problem! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts