Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Bonnie Vs Vegas

3K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  davevv 
The last 2 weekends my Bonnie has been brawling with my buddy's Victory. Last weekend we did a 120 mile run through everything from a 4 lane parkway to twisty mountain roads known as "goat trails" . My buddy is an aggressive fast rider. Long story short, the Bonneville with a few basic mods gave a great account of itself. Kept up and then some. Lay down over the tank and let the rpms come up and my Bonny could (could) hit the ton easy on a long straight and the right side of the gauges could possibly (possibly) have gotten some use. :)

The conversation afterwards was more about how the Vegas could not keep up on the s curves. I told my buddy - do not follow me into the turns, go at your own pace. So while I am sure it is not really all that, the Bonneville, ridden hard more than keeps up and is very impressive.
^^^ Good story ! My stock 05' Bonnie Black easily hits 90 mph, at which point, if I lay flat over the tank or "tank it" as we called it in the old Country...she'll steadily climb up to 110 mph ( or at least that's where I chicken out ) I say it's stock, but it does have the one modification ;Triumph off road pipes and jets supplied with them installed at the Triumph dealer..I don't know if the T.O.R's actually add crank HP but the butt dyno and sound effects say they do !

Ride Safe all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.