Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got to put about 100 miles on the Bonnie this weekend. Then in the process of getting the Sportster ready to sell( plugs, oil and filter and replacing broken choke)rode it around the block. Wow, that thing is a stone compared to the Triumph! I think when it's broken in the Bonnie will run away from the Harley. And it handles so much quicker too. Had my wife sit on the Bonnie and after she rides it we may decide to sell her Superglide and put her on the Bonnie(when she can get me off it!) Really glad I took the plunge and went Triumph. That Softail ain't goin' nowhere though. It's a sweet ride ,too. :cool:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I love them both. I'd have bought the Sportster, but at the time the used market was pretty high. Its slipped a lot since then. But now that I've built good time on the Thruxton, I'm very pleased it worked out this way.

I like to tell people I loved Harley so much, I bought an AMF in 75.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know what you mean, sweat. My wife's Dyna has Screamin' Eagle mufflers and rejetted. The perfomance reminds me of a 1200 Sporty with better handling.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts