Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I have a Bonneville T100 2005 that is fully stock for now. I have coming in the mail a set of Classic teardrop exhaust that i will install soon. I'll put the stock bike on a dyno this friday to get the base performances.

· Does my 865 cc 2005 has the thruxton needle ?
·*Should i do the airbox removal right away or wait ?
· What kind of carbs setting i should go with ?

I'm not looking after max perf. necessary, just a smooth ride !

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Take the needle out and read the number on it, that will identify exactly which needle is in your bike.
The airbox mod helps the engine breath and run better but the final setting of the carbs (with or without the airbox mod) are easy pease to set up on a dyno. Depending how good the dyno operator is should give pretty good real world riding results

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Your bike will have come from the factory with the "Thruxton" needle, so as long as nobody has changed it, that's what you'll have. It should be engraved with "NBZT" around the edge of the head.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Hi.

I have a Bonneville T100 2005 that is fully stock for now. I have coming in the mail a set of Classic teardrop exhaust that i will install soon. I'll put the stock bike on a dyno this friday to get the base performances.

· Does my 865 cc 2005 has the thruxton needle ?
·*Should i do the airbox removal right away or wait ?
· What kind of carbs setting i should go with ?

I'm not looking after max perf. necessary, just a smooth ride !

Thanks a lot.
Your needles should be NBZT's like PAAS said. If you are not looking for max performance I would keep the airbox.
As for settings I would pull the snorkel, fit 118 or 120 main jets, and 2.5 turns on the mixture screws. I don't think you will be far away with that set up.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re-jet settings after Toga's style exahaust install

Hi guys.

Thanks for the advice. I don't think i'll be removing the air box for now.

I'll have to figure out what is the snorkel removal about :)

I'm pretty new to bikes.

Thanks

·
Registered
379 Posts
i would suggest running 125 mains/42 pilot 2.5 turns out on idle/mixture screw with your NH togas....your dyno operator should be able to dial it in good

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jet setting... esoteric ?

Thanks for your answer. I have so many figures to play with now :)

118 mains 40 pilot 3 1/4 turns out.
120 mains, 42 pilots, 1 shim, 2.5 turns out
125 mains/42 pilot 2.5 turns out

I have a run on the dyno scheduled for tomorrow morning !

·
Registered
2 Posts
rejetting 2006 T100 after airbox elimination

This means airbox, air injection etc.... all gone, K&N air filters installed.
2006 T100 has the same engine as the Thruxton, 900ish cc.
Best jetting with Predator aftermarket pipes (summer/winter): 140 mains (great top end perf.), 45 pilots. Good luck, ride safe.

·
Vendor
2,431 Posts
If you're leaving the airbox stock and just fitting the silencers, I wouldn't touch the jetting at all. Don't forget if you go on the dyno with the air injection still fitted, you may not get the correct AFR from the exhaust probe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts