Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 02 bonnie which i`ve made quite a few mods, a couple being ,super bars ,1"longer shocks and sport bike size 17`s front and rear but i still feel the seat height is too low and was wondering if the solo seat that are available are any taller ,say an 1".
thanks tony

·
30,309 Posts
I just tried the bonnie solo seat (the one with the hump - not the rack) - it is about the same as stock - maybe very slightly lower.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I had the NH solo seat and it felt a bit taller to me, although I've heard others say it feels lower so who knows. Defnitely felt taller to me.

How about having additional foam added to your stock seat? Any upholstry shop should be able to do that.

·
Registered
8,877 Posts
I just tried the bonnie solo seat (the one with the hump - not the rack) - it is about the same as stock - maybe very slightly lower.
Is the one you have like the one jef has? If I want the part number triumph dont have that one on there web page alest i cant find it.

·
30,309 Posts
Yes it's the same one Jeff - Sweatmachine has on his bike. I rather like it - it looks better than the King and Queen seat, and is more comfortable too - at least it is for me anyway. This is because the ridge is a little further back than on the K and Q, and I am fairly tall, so it lets me position my butt properly.

I don't yet know if I prefer it to the corbin I have - won't know that until next spring now.

Its part number is A9708034. I think they are 280 bucks new, or thereabouts.

·
30,309 Posts
It is a bit on the soft side, which is where Triumph have gone wrong on the seats I reckon. My Corbin is much firmer, so your legs don't crush the foam down and get pinched against the seat pan. I'll have to do some long rides on the solo seat before I know how it really feels. If I go off it, it will go on the classifieds.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Back on Track

i have a 02 bonnie which i`ve made quite a few mods, a couple being ,super bars ,1"longer shocks and sport bike size 17`s front and rear but i still feel the seat height is too low and was wondering if the solo seat that are available are any taller ,say an 1".
thanks tony
Tony,

You might try an upholstery shop to see if they can add some height to you stock seat.

My favorite custom seat done on an OEM seat pan. Looks to be taller than stock too...

·
30,309 Posts
I like that seat a LOT. It does look a bit higher.

I know that member Hankmarx reupholstered a stock seat, and added about an inch and a half to it, so that's a pretty good route to go.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
thanks tony
So is it that the seat to peg distance is too tight for your legs? Perhaps the pegs need to move down or back to suit. If you don't routinely scrape bits while cornering, the stock position pegs can be lowered a touch....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Road Dog,

Cool seat! If you don't mind, about how much did the work run you?

The K&Q I'm using now works pretty well, although I'd prefer to be able to move my butt a bit further aft. It does make it handy for pax, however.

Thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts