Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what was wrong with me for most of the last week, but I was like a cat on a hot tin roof - distracted, a little tense, always wondering what I was supposed to be doing even when there was nothing I was supposed to be doing. Work etc was just getting to me, I suppose. It's been 'busy'.

Anyhoo, I went out on Honey, my yellow/black T100, for the first fun ride in over a week today. The result? I got home feeling relaxed, happy, totally chilled out, and that was on a cold day over mostly damp salted roads. As I sprayed the last bit of WD40 on the bike and put her to bed (i.e. under her cover) it felt like I'd just had that beer at the end of 'Ice Cold In Alex' :-D

Just had to share, as the effect really hit me more than usual today. I noticed it the moment I got off the bike. They say absence makes the heart grow fonder, and it's true when it comes to Honey. I parked up outside a friend's house halfway through the rideout and went in for a cuppa. As I did, I turned around to look at the bike and had a massive "phwoaaaar! What a beauty!" moment.

You just have to stop some times and ask yourself "do I really own that beautiful thing?" :cool:

·
Registered
5,609 Posts
Good story! Love that feeling. Hard to define .... wonderful to experience.

Bob

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
steviek,

I know the feeling, and I think the same way sometimes. I don't yearn for else right now. May own another bike some day, although I doubt it. But, I won't every give up the 'love of my life' to do it. I never have felt this way about any bike I've owned before. :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts