Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Ive got one. I'll measure when I get home but I'll caution you with a few points. It has an odd shape with the front being wider than the rear (not itself an issue, lines flow with bike but this makes finding a bag to fit difficult), the hoop is slanted back and interferes with mounting of any hard trunk or soft bag with rigid plastic wall support. A Givi base plate for example would have to be mounted a couple of inches rearward on the rack for the front of the box to clear the hoop. Might sound like a minor gripe but it looks weird and you loose mounting real estate causing more of the plate to hang over the rear of the rack, same issue with rigid walled soft bags. The welds are poor aesthetically and the chrome cheap its has only been a year and my bike is always garage stored but rust is coming through in one spot. It is also more expensive than after market racks I've seen. I had mine thrown in with the purchase... if I had it to do over I'd have gotten something else and picked up a Rentec rack in Powder black.

Psy

·
Registered
288 Posts
OK width of the rack out side the bars at the front just behind the seat hoop is 9 1/2" , at the rear of the rack it is 8 1/2". Length of the luggage portion of the rack is 9 1/4 ". You loose aprox 1/2 " due to the slant on the hoop. Here is a pic from the side. Sry I forgot to get one of the rust spot...

Like I said it doesn't look like much I just wish the hoop came up 90 degrees from the rack's surface....

Psy

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome. Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll check out a third party one instead. I think I'd prefer to keep it chrome so it looks better on my bike color scheme but black wouldn't be bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts