Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

Bonnie in Curious Case of Benjamin Button

63K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  Dangermouse 
#1 ·
fyi, Brad Pitt rides two bikes in the movie. One is a blue bonnie....sweeeet.

#2 ·
I just got back from the movie about 20 minutes ago and yes, that blue Triumph is a beauty and it gets a good 10-15 minutes of airtime.

It appears in the movie around 1957 to 58 then stays into the 60's.

I couldn't pin the model down but its authentic and not a Indian Jones Harley with disc brakes. :)

#9 ·
The movie is decent and a very good example of magical realism. I liked it for the character flow, both how they evolved and how they remained predictable. It was filmed largely in New Orleans from what I could tell.

Another bike in the movie, I think, was a HD Knucklehead.

#5 ·
I saw a still picture from the movie of Brad and Kate B. on the Triumph, and it sure looked like a blue Thunderbird, not a Bonneville. If it was supposed to be 1957 or so, that would be more appropriate, too, since the Bonneville was not around until '59. Still a great motorcycle. ;) I would love to have a vintage T-bird.

#11 ·
Other bike?

I think the other bike was a Royal Enfield,. If it was, they didn't have to look for a reproduction.

#14 ·
yes, probably a thunderbird considering the dates.

I thought the movie was good, not great. It had good intentions and I really wanted to be moved by its themes or mortality, living in the moment, etc. But in the end, it left me feeling empty. Gotta give props for including the triumph though...I remember the bike even had a couple of screen shots by itself.

Heres a shot of the bike with stars atop...

http://www.commonsensemedia.org/movie-reviews/curious-case-benjamin-button

#17 ·
Not the best movie, a little to long. The star of the show was the Triumph. The first bike he rode was an Indian ( just once) then his real transportation was the Triumph. I'm glad there using cool bikes in movies. I think actors have a big say what they ride in movies. Watched Lucky You the other day and Eric Bano rode a Thrux the whole movie

#18 ·
Great movie?

Just one more opinion on the movie. While I was sitting in the theater, every once in a while I would think, "I can't believe how good this movie is!" A week later I find myself still thinking about it. The thing is, you won't know unless you see it. If you think you might be interested at all, you probably won't think you wasted your time and money, at least. If it doesn't sound interesting, it will be on cable before the end of the year. The 2 guys that do the movie reviews on TV each week did their roundup of the 10 best movies of 2008. 1 guy picked CCBB as number 1 and the other guy didn't even have it on his list at all. It is NOT about motorcycles! It is the complete opposite of Wild Hogs. Nothing "Terminator" about it.
I recommend www.rottentomatoes.com. If you read between the lines on a few of the reviews you can tell if you'll like it or not.

#20 ·
Yep...I'm thinking the first bike was an Indian he discovered in the garage, the second was the Triumph (and a very pretty one at that) and the third bike was a Royal Enfield (when he was in India)...of course they were having to fix it...or just changing the oil which pretty much means taking off the side cover. :)

Also, I enjoyed the movie. The book "The Confessions of Max Tivoli" is pretty much the same story and a very good read.

http://www.amazon.com/Confessions-Tivoli-Today-Show-Book/dp/0374128715

#22 ·
Know Your Smut!

If anyone is interested there is a good picture of the bike in the January 2009 issue of Playboy, just ignore the HD V-Rod photos in the beginning! I konw the girls on the HD make it a difficult to not look, they need to get those women on the back of a
Triumph! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.