Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still sorting out my new-to-me 2004 T100 with TORS. I bumped the main jets up to 115 and backed the idle mixture screws out 2.75 turns. I was surprised to find that my idle screws were indeed screws and that I did not need a D tool. Took her for a ride and she ran great. Pulled strong all the way without any stumbles.

At idle though she has an occasional hiccup. I traced it to the left carburetor - with my hand on the carb I can feel the hiccup if I wait for it. Searching Twins Tech Talk for hiccup produces a surprising number of threads! Sounds like I need to adjust the idle mixture on the left side until the hiccup goes away.

So in the overall sequence of events, it seems I need to get the idle dialed in for the individual carbs, then move on to synchronization?

·
Registered
512 Posts
A mate had the same occasional hiccup/stumble on tickover on his Thruxton. We tried everything to try and cure it thinking it was a carb problem.
It turned out to be a fault on the coil. Fitted a new coil, no more problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts