Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I think about to put a Bonnie Exhaust or a Aftermarket Part (ZARD or something) on my '07 Scrambler. Can I still use the stock side stand and the main stand or does it not fit with other exhausts ?

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
If you put Bonnie cans on, you probably won't get it through the TüV. Zard do a low level 2-1 exhaust (called Trombocino, I think) for the Scrambler. Ventura has it on his Scram.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hi,

I think about to put a Bonnie Exhaust or a Aftermarket Part (ZARD or something) on my '07 Scrambler. Can I still use the stock side stand and the main stand or does it not fit with other exhausts ?
Centerstand works from what I understand. Side stand is definitely a no-go. I have a Thrux stand on mine now, which seems to be a little shorter than the Scrambler stand. The bike leans over pretty far now. Not precariously far, I don't think, but pretty far nonetheless. The Thrux stand doesn't have the extra "hoop" that the Scrambler stand does. That hoop would foul the low exhaust on the left side.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Centerstand works from what I understand. Side stand is definitely a no-go. I have a Thrux stand on mine now, which seems to be a little shorter than the Scrambler stand. The bike leans over pretty far now. Not precariously far, I don't think, but pretty far nonetheless. The Thrux stand doesn't have the extra "hoop" that the Scrambler stand does. That hoop would foul the low exhaust on the left side.
Thanks man, which exhaust have you mounted on your scram? may you have a pic of the left side from your bike?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Thanks man, which exhaust have you mounted on your scram? may you have a pic of the left side from your bike?

At the moment, I'm running Specialty Spares TT pipes. If you're not familiar, they're big straight pipes that go down the sides of the frame rails and end just past the back of the main frame hoop.

No pictures of the left side since the pipes (just replaced my digital camera), but I'll see whether I can get on that.

So here's a consideration: I'm running a Thrux side stand because it's allegedly longer than the Bonnie's, since both the Thrux and Scrambler run longer rear shocks. Thrux pipes run higher than Bonnie pipes though, so I'm not sure whether the stand will bump the cans in a bad way if you go with a Bonnie setup. As above, the TT pipes end really far forward, so no worries with them, but it could be an issue with a full exhaust. There's probably no way to tell without actually doing it or looking at a few bikes, though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts