Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all ,another question about ,exhausts . i know that this is a major subject on here ,but having just put my first 1000 mile on my bonnie ,i would like to change the end cans / silencer ,not the full exhuast ,i know that looking at norman hydes site he say that you can change with out doing the triumph remap , but if the lamba sensors are in the down pipes ,and i am keping the standard ones ,does fitting after market end cans or a bafflectomny need a remap at all ,thanks for any suggestions. 2008 t100 efi

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi,
I have an 09 T100 efi with NH classic silencers and bellmouth without any re-map. It runs very well, clean all the way through. It does pop back a lot on the overrun, whether thats the map or the AI, I don't know but it doesn't show any classic running weak symptoms (pipes only light straw).

I have about 900 mile on it now and put the pipes on the day after I bought the bike (50 miles).

Now thats not to say that a different map such as the Arrow or the TORS wont improve things further, and I may do just that myself to see - but the bike certainly runs very well as is - as NH said it would!

Plenty of other experiences/opinions will come along shortly.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi thanks for that it is a start ,did read somewhere that nh used a bsb engine builder /tuner to check his bikes set up ,he also says that the ecu will adjust setting its self

·
Registered
387 Posts
I suspect there will be a lot more threads like this as more EFI Bonnies are sold. I am also interested in other people's experiences as there is a lot of confusing info out there re remapping and after market exhausts. For example, on the Triumph factory web site it says remapping is necessary if you install TORS. My Dealer says it isn't. NH obviously feels it isn't necessary. What is the experience of others who have made the swap?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Since I'm planning on buying an EFI Scrambler this year, I've been paying close attention to all EFI exhaust threads (there actually are quite a few already). The consensus seems to be that re-mapping is helpful though not always essential. It may not necessarily improve performance, but seems to help reducing or eliminating popping on deceleration if you don't like that. Like the fine print at the bottom of TV weight loss in a pill commercials "Individual results may vary".

There's a guy here - Xchoppers - with an EFI T100 with Hydes who's provided a lot of info on his experience with them. You might want to do a search for those threads.

·
Registered
209 Posts
When I get a new map loaded into my T100 (soon as the weather picks up) I will have a direct comparison of standard tune against the new tune and will post my views.

I will probably try the Arrow 2 into 2 as I suspect that will be about the closest to matching the NH togas and his bellmouth setup.

Really the only sure way is to dyno before and after to compare A/F ratios against power and torque. I spoke to NH about this and he said he hadn't tried any tune other than the standard and that A/F was within spec.
I do know he is going to start selling a power commander set up for his silencers and bellmouth in the spring when he's had some dyno time on it (may be able to remove AI also) - probably the perfect solution.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts