Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the stock seat on the new Bonnies. I have an 08 Bonnie black with a stock and have a sexy backpack that likes to ride with me from time to time.

I opted for this cowl over at caferace.com. It isn't exactly what I was looking for but it will do until next year when I can spend some time to fab a more "rounded" one up.

When I purchased it I was told that they no longer sell the mounting portion for connection to the seat... just the gel coated cowl itself.

I know that members of this board have the same cowl / seat setup... could anyone show me what the stock connection hardware looks like? It would save me some time.

Much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Hey, welcome to the site and the world of Triumph.
As for the cowl, $139.00 is a lot for a piece of plastic. I wish there were some different angled views for it. The stock bonnie seat is flat as a board and that cowl may look funny on it. My $.02 is spend $$ on a Triumph Solo seat, looks great and way more comfortable than the stock brick. When the lovely lady wants to ride swap back to the stock seat.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, welcome to the site and the world of Triumph.
As for the cowl, $139.00 is a lot for a piece of plastic. I wish there were some different angled views for it. The stock bonnie seat is flat as a board and that cowl may look funny on it. My $.02 is spend $$ on a Triumph Solo seat, looks great and way more comfortable than the stock brick. When the lovely lady wants to ride swap back to the stock seat.
Thanks Derby Boy. I have the cowl and I am gonna mount it... with JB weld if I have to (j/k) :) I like the stock seat... maybe I don't know what I am missing... but it is the most comfortable seat I have every had. Perhaps it is my rock hard ass or maybe something else.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Seat

Not sure what the bonne cowl looks like? I like the look of the Bonne seat as well. It is a bit hard on the but! I woulda got a Thrux seat & cowl & gone that route- a bud did. The Thruxseat is a bit easier on the but! A Bonne just doesnt look rite w/o the "ironing board"!
Good luck on whatever you do!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure what the bonne cowl looks like? I like the look of the Bonne seat as well. It is a bit hard on the but! I woulda got a Thrux seat & cowl & gone that route- a bud did. The Thruxseat is a bit easier on the but! A Bonne just doesnt look rite w/o the "ironing board"!
Good luck on whatever you do!
Thanks Don. I spent a few hours tonight working on a mounting bracket... tomorrow I am going to attach it to the cowl. It is either gonna look real good, real bad or break into a dozen pieces. No matter what... I will be riding her on Friday :)

I am with you on the "ironing board". I just like it.

I appreciate the kind words... I was just hoping to find someone who might have had a little experience with this deal... I guess I will be the first and will publish my results.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts