Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone turned their Bonneville into a chopper or at least put ape hangers on?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Speedmaster? If I wanted a Harley, I'd just go out and buy one!! :)

I really want to turn my Bonnie into a Night Train or a Street Bob but I don't have that kinda cash!

Don't hate me for wanting a Harley - I don't know any better.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hate ya for wanting a Harley?! Hey, I love my Street-Bob... compared to the rest of the H-D lineup the Dyna has a relatively low sticker price (for alot of bike) as far as Harley's go.

Seems like the major issue with Harley's these days are (big generalization) some riders. Whether it's brand superiority or the image over substance stuff. Before I got my Triumph, I was seriously getting tired of the hard-core poseur, billet barge crowd. Triumph riders seem to appreciate a much more varied array of motorcycles.

I have a confession... my Scrambler cost a whole lot less... but I dig riding it a whole lot more. My H-D friends think there's something wrong with me! :yayyy:

[ This message was edited by: RevDice on 2007-01-30 21:40 ]

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow - you've got a lot of nice toys. Did you hit the lottery in 2005?

The Street Bob is my dream bike right now.

So can you tallk me into staying with the Bonneville? I have Harley envy.

So does Silverado :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
On 2007-01-30 21:53, Drift wrote:
Wow - you've got a lot of nice toys. Did you hit the lottery in 2005?

The Street Bob is my dream bike right now.

So can you tallk me into staying with the Bonneville? I have Harley envy.

So does Silverado :)
It's just some of the benefits (and good fortune) of working hard for alot of years in my own business... and having very little furniture! I also can't ever seem to sell a bike and not immediately see another I gotta have.

The new Dynas are a big improvement... 96 cubic inches, six-speed, more structurally rigid frame than previous models. Also, having owned a softail before, I prefer the handling and suspension characteristics of the Dynas.

You owe yourself a ride at an open house demo before pulling the trigger... I think you might miss the Bonnie. If ya gotta have a Bobber... a little choppin' here and there would make a classic Brit Bobber. Plus you'd have some cheddar left over!

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Chris, all kidding aside, I think it's a great idea. Those are some great-looking bikes! Although you might find you're sitting kind of low on them. It might be a nice project.

By the way did you see the new HD Nightster? :-D

·
Registered
209 Posts
You can bob just about anything:

bobberproject

Gotta love how Harley's selling a brand new bike that's styled to look all rough and home made. Has all the authenticity of a "home made" frozen pie. :roll:

I'd rather ride my $1600 450 Honda than someone's pre-manufactured $8000 idea of a "custom" motorcycle...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Awesome! I've learned so much here - you guys are awesome. Except when you're making fun of people who crash :)

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
we've made fun of people that crash? maybe a tad, but not too awfully much? :cool:
G

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Geoff,
I'm still counting on you to help me with the fork gaiters when it's warmer.

At first I thought that everyone on this forum trash talked HD because they were jealous of them. Now you guys really have me thinking.

If I could have had a dyna or softail for 4,200 - i'd be riding one right now. I did choose the bonnie over the sportster though and that was a great decision!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts