Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my T100 this past June, I liked the canvas bags they had and I thought they held on to the 'culture' of the Bonnie looks. However, I wasn't liking the price that much plus being my first bike, I wanted to look around and see what else was around.
Well, now it's October and I find a need for bags and the Triumph canvas bags are still on top of my list BUT, don't you know Triumph decided to discontinue them. There really aren't any other bags that grab my attention too much. The big leathers don't do anything for me but I need something to haul a laptop to and from work and hold some cold weather gear.
I've been watching ebay and searching around with no luck. Does anyone know where I could locate a set of these? I talked to my local dealer any he said nobody has them. I'm sure as soon as I settle for something else, I'm going to hear of a set somewhere.

Thanks,
Phil

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Can't remember if these were referred to as cloth bags - I had them for a while, and liked them, but if memory serves they were a bit narrow for something like a laptop (pics deceive with regard to their actual size). I do see them turn up on Ebay (and of course check this site's classifieds) for a reasonable price once in a while.

I eventually bit the bullet and bought the City (briefcase style) Bags. As you have probably seen, they are VERY expensive, but that was helped by buying used from a forum member. They don't hold a lot either, but are easily wide and long enough for laptops and the like. That, and I love the way they look. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Somewhere on this forum Forchetto took regular leather bags and converted them to saddlebags. If I remember correctly it looked really good.

That guy needs his own section.... "The Forchetto Files", or the "George Lucas Diaries..."

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Locomotion Powersports in Suffern,NY has a pair of the Triumph bags you're looking for on a used T100 in their showroom; ask Frank if he'll sell them alone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
390 Posts
I use Hepco-Becker hard bags and trunk. They've been on the bike since new (three years now) and are fabulous. Almost as much room as my Gold Wing had! ! ! They're also completely water proof, something that's very important here in Portland, OR.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Locomotion Powersports in Suffern,NY has a pair of the Triumph bags you're looking for on a used T100 in their showroom; ask Frank if he'll sell them alone.

Awesome tip BDKrivit! I just got off the phone with Frank and have a set of bags on the way.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts