Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I ask, let me explain that I just want to ask about wheelies. I'm not looking to argue about whether anyone should be doing them or not. Let's just say No, No One Should Ever Do Wheelies and leave it at that. If you want to fight about it, do it elsewhere.

Now, I've never gotten the front wheel of my 06 T100 off the ground. I'm a fairly conservative rider.

Has anyone else done it on a Bonnie? How did it go?

-Ogmern

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
I believe it's skill, technique, working the front suspension, and weight placement that'll get the front end up of virtually anything. None of which I have...... well, I do have the weight though.
:-D

·
Registered
566 Posts
My 904cc will power wheelie in 1st, on a 790cc I guess you will have to use the clutch
And yes, my turbo Bonnies can wheelie too :-D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahh, I'd been attempting them in 2nd at about 7900rpm to no avail. Now I'm REALLY looking forward to my ride home from work!

·
Registered
57 Posts
3 or 4 grand clutch dump with simultaneous full grab of throttle lifts the wheel nicely. I was expecting a black mark of some sort but got all wheel lift.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
I can get mine up w/ a torquie start & a little pull on the bars Have brought it up a # of times on a fast 2nd shift (not on purpose) Reeks hell onthe clutch, chain , tires & those delicate spokes so many are talking about. I left wheelies back w/ my old 305 scrambler- went thru multiple chains, sprockets, rear tires etc.. Guess just too old for that any more. Not hard to do on a hot start tho w/ some pull (unless you are 280 + lbs. Then might not be as easy?? :cool:

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
On 2007-02-08 20:10, CAPTDON wrote:
I can get mine up w/ a torquie start & a little pull on the bars Have brought it up a # of times on a fast 2nd shift (not on purpose) Reeks hell onthe clutch, chain , tires & those delicate spokes so many are talking about. I left wheelies back w/ my old 305 scrambler- went thru multiple chains, sprockets, rear tires etc.. Guess just too old for that any more. Not hard to do on a hot start tho w/ some pull (unless you are 280 + lbs. Then might not be as easy?? :cool:

Right on, and when you pull up on the bars, make sure you got your a$$ as far back on the seat as you can.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Anyone see that episode of Monster Garage with the Bonnie? Jesse James took it out and popped a wheelie by standing on the back pegs. Can't remember if he clutched or not...

G

·
before jetting, air box removal, A1, preditor Pipes, coil, wires, and plugs I had to use the clutch to get it to wheelie. Now it wheelies like a champ in first if i just shift my weight to the rear and pull on the bars. :-D

·
Registered
858 Posts
On 2007-02-08 15:48, sweatmachine wrote:
lifted from OregonThruxton:
Sweat. I feel honored.

now here's a power wheelie ...

...and another one.

[ This message was edited by: oregonthruxton on 2007-02-09 00:48 ]

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Strontium

I'm pretty sure he's not. I think reality caught up with him last year or the year before.

john

·
Registered
745 Posts
I can see it now...

FOR SALE
2005 Triumph Bonneville, 6K adult ridden miles, new tires, fresh oil change, new chain, minor noise in transmission and needs clutch adjusted, always garaged. RIDE a LEGEND, some cosmetics, must sacrifice. as is. $7995 or BO

1 - 19 of 19 Posts