Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a bit lazy lately and haven't checked my tyre pressures for a few months and the bike is feeling a bit skitterish.
Have also misplaced my owners manual.

Can someone tell me what are the specified pressures front and rear that Triumph nominates for a T100?

Done the search thing and came up with all sorts of pressures that people run rather than what Triump actually specifies.

maybe this should be a sticky

·
Premium Member
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Triumph put a sticker by the fork lock with that info on it. I have a Scrambler and the pressures are different (softer).
thanks for the tip. never noticed that before. will check the tyres on the way home from work tonight

·
Registered
493 Posts
33 front, 38 rear on the frame too just like the manual. Just looked on the frame earlier today on both a 2005 and a 2007 model. Filled the tires and took a wonderful thanksgiving ride with my son...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Been a bit lazy lately and haven't checked my tyre pressures for a few months and the bike is feeling a bit skitterish.
Have also misplaced my owners manual.

Can someone tell me what are the specified pressures front and rear that Triumph nominates for a T100?

Done the search thing and came up with all sorts of pressures that people run rather than what Triump actually specifies.

maybe this should be a sticky
I find the tyres loose pressure over a few weeks, not sure why, but they do on mine. I use a foot pump and keep 32 front and 38 rear.

·
29,948 Posts
Neither of my Bonnies have a tyre pressure sticker.
Must be an American market requirement that is not mandatory in Australia.:)
The pressures are on the sticker up by the headstock - or the steering column by the triple tees if you prefer. The same sticker has the frame number on it and also the manufacture date.

That's not to say they don't use a different sticker there on Aussie models of course.

·
Premium Member
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
checked out the head stock and as Wooly says, there's no label to indicate tyre pressures. Triumph mustn't think it's necessary for Aussies to check their tyres.

Anyway, am since glad I checked them as the rear was over 10 psi down.

Will be keeping a closer eye on them from now on.

·
Registered
177 Posts
FYI............nitrogen will eliminate the need to constantly fill your tires, as well as maintain a more consistent pressure as the tire heats up.

I started using nitrogen back in the kart racing days where tire pressures were supper critical and ½ psi made a big difference in handling. Since then all our vehicle’s tires use it and even though I do check pressures frequently (safety first!), the pressures all remain constant for months.

Costco is now offering this option as well.

My initial purchase was a bit costly $250 for the tank, hose, regulator, and bleeder gauge, but the tank will last for years.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
checked out the head stock and as Wooly says, there's no label to indicate tyre pressures. Triumph mustn't think it's necessary for Aussies to check their tyres.

Anyway, am since glad I checked them as the rear was over 10 psi down.

Will be keeping a closer eye on them from now on.
I believe the sticker is a legal requirement in the US. It isn't in the UK/Europe, or apparently Oz, so we don't get one. Like we don't get those awful side mounted reflectors that everybody in the US pulls off, or all that California emissions junk. No big deal really, the pressures are in the owner's manual.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
on the t100 manual it says front cold 33psi and rear 41 solo or fully laden:)
Whilst it does say that in the latest version of the manual, in previous versions going back several years the recommendation was 33/38. For some reason Triumph has changed its mind over tyre pressures.

·
29,948 Posts
My '07 T100 manual says 33/38...
I've just put some Avon roadriders on though, will the recommended pressure be the same no matter what rubber you're using?
Yes - use what is recommended in the manual. Between 38 and 41 on the rear will be fine. I don't know why they upped the recommendation, but there it is. I have run at 38 PSI for 35000 miles, now I'm running 41. 'Sall good.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
My '07 T100 manual says 33/38...
I've just put some Avon roadriders on though, will the recommended pressure be the same no matter what rubber you're using?
Avon recommend 33/39 for their Roadriders on a Bonneville/T100. I have Roadriders on my T100 and I find they work better for me at higher pressures around 34/42, but I weigh over 16 stone. It's worth experimenting to find what works best for you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Avon recommend 33/39 for their Roadriders on a Bonneville/T100. I have Roadriders on my T100 and I find they work better for me at higher pressures around 34/42, but I weigh over 16 stone. It's worth experimenting to find what works best for you.
It best to check what works for you. start higher as it is much easier to let air out then in.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I believe the sticker is a legal requirement in the US. It isn't in the UK/Europe, or apparently Oz, so we don't get one. Like we don't get those awful side mounted reflectors that everybody in the US pulls off, or all that California emissions junk. No big deal really, the pressures are in the owner's manual.
Speaking from a personal perspective I quite like the reflectors on my US sourced T100 but each to their own :)

My California emission thingamies did give some troubles on import though. Apparently the meter did not register much to record :eek:

You can't be too far from me - but not so difficult in the UK I suppose!

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Speaking from a personal perspective I quite like the reflectors on my US sourced T100 but each to their own :)

My California emission thingamies did give some troubles on import though. Apparently the meter did not register much to record :eek:

You can't be too far from me - but not so difficult in the UK I suppose!
Well I guess the reflectors are a novelty over here, but a lot of people ask about how best to remove them and a lot of the US bikes I see in photos don't have them. Most of them seem to ditch the emissions gear as well. What made you import your bike from the US? I.e. did you live there and bring it with you when you moved over here or was there some other reason? I live near St Albans so some parts of Berkshire are quite close, others not so. I guess in US terms even the north of Scotland is not far, but I believe it would take far longer to get there than an equivalent distance in the US due to the higher traffic densities we have even out in the sticks. You might find sparser traffic in Scotland, but you would be hard pressed to travel more than a mile anywhere in England during daylight hours without seeing another vehicle. I also belong to the Delphi New Bonneville forum and there are a few of us UK residents on there who occasionally meet up to talk bikes over a fry up, although we haven't done much this year apart from the Triumph day at the Ace Cafe.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Cheers Paas, I'll be sticking some more air in there tomorrow then! :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts