Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 bonneville and I'm thinking of making it a cafe racer. Im having trouble finding a kit to move the sets back to a cafe position. Im super new to this but i have done all the work to it myself so far. Can anyone give me some ideas on making the change?

before and after

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
There are some kits out there, but none for Triumph that I know of. I read a great article on Bike EXIF once about building your own, you can probably google it. I used a kit on my Ninja from BlueCollarBobbers.com, but that involved cutting the frame. I don't think you'll have to do that.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Posted in the wrong section.

Looks good so far. bar end mirrors and replace grips would be my suggestion

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks KennyDiamond for the info and I will be checking out BlueCollarBobbers. I had actually thought about keeping my Bonneville a cruiser and buying a Ninja 250 and making my own Cafe racer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks mprhead5 for informing me I'm in the wrong section because now I see I need to stick to the Air cooled twins section but I will say I have already replaced the grips with some cool clear brown grips that match the seat and I don't much care for bar end mirrors.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
Im having trouble finding a kit to move the sets back to a cafe position.
I'm assuming you mean you want rearsets? Search for LSL and for Norman Hyde kits...both make controls for your machine. You can also swap Thruxton controls, but they might foul on your lovely wrapped header pipes....I know that was the case with the carbed bonnies.

A great source for rearset is bellacorse (no affiliation):

http://bellacorse.com/shop/custom-parts-for-triumph-bonneville-thruxton-t100-se-scrambler-america-speedmaster/chassis/norman-hyde-rearsets-bonneville/

http://bellacorse.com/shop/custom-parts-for-triumph-bonneville-thruxton-t100-se-scrambler-america-speedmaster/chassis/lsl-billet-rearsets/

Cheers,

-- Rich

1 - 7 of 7 Posts