Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I recently purchased a 1976 T140 Bonneville and I'd like to replace some of the stock parts and customize others. Specifically, I need a rear disc rotor, a rear fender, new exhaust pipes and mufflers, upgrade carbs, rear turn signals, brake light, etc.

Does anyone know of any good resources for stock & custom parts, specifically for this bike? It's been tough so far to find replacement parts for this bike, even though I know it's not an especially rare model. Any ideas, links, companies?
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
Congratulations! Cool bike!

I'm going to shift this over to the Classics forum, where you will be surrounded by those who can't wait to help you out.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Phredralf,

Be aware that the 76-77 T140's and TR7RV's were a little different, had some "special" features, and have a parts book specific to those two years. Not saying most of the parts were not used in earlier or later models, just the combinations were special. Underslung rear caliper was one.

The US-based guys on here will point you in the right direction for local providers, but get yourself the parts manual and workshop manual for that year - virtually must have's.

A New Zealand parts provider that ships to the US is www.britishspares.com. Take a look at their site to get ideas on the part numbering system and approx costs.

·
Super Moderator
12,455 Posts
I don't usually toot my "Parts For Sale" horn, but you've got a list that would be worth my time to help you fill.

e-mail me with the details, and I guarantee I can save you enough money on your "need to have" list, to be able to add a few "nice to have" items as well.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Try Moore's in Anahiem if you want stuff today.
These guys specialize in T140 stuff online.....http://www.northerneagle.ca/index.htm

I have found that going to a local bike shop with a good parts guy works out really well....Triumph stuff is widely available and cheap through distributors like JRC and Parts Unlimited.
You should have no problems finding the parts you want

PS great looking bike ..but it looks like its been converted to a single carb...different side covers too .

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There are two carbs, I'm guessing they're stock, as the bike only has 12,000 miles on it.

Any recommendations for a performance carb setup?

Thanks for the input!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts