Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.
I will soon get my t120 but don't really like the exhaust ... rather like the Street Twin or Thruxton type.
Did any of you installed a Thruxton headers and exhaust pipes ? Does it fit, can be adapted, I know that the passenger foot peg on the Thruxton are some cm (inches) higher than the T120...
for instance Arrow proposes Thruxton header (without catalyst box)... at very attractive price.
Or street twin exhaust. But don't know if it fits ...
Thanks
any picture or comments will be welcome !!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bonneville t120 vs Street Twin Chassis

Hi,
I made a test ride on both T120 and Street Twin... the ST is much agile and handling is easier ....(funnyer) so I tried to understand the chassis modifications ...
Looking at both t120 and ST specification, the only item I could notice that would provide more agility is the triple tree that is different with reduced angle. Wheels are the some dimensions.
I couldn't find any other difference on the chassis (fork length, rear damper length ...?) swing arm length ?

Ultimate would be to provide he Bonneville the same handling than the ST... by only installing a ST triple tree (?)
Thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
well my boss rides a thrux R and I on the T120.

the headers is different to being with.
his thrux R header have a link pipe connect left and ride side after the O2 sensor, whereas my t120 is straight down to the cat.

my best bet if u wanna decat and do your project, just get a shop to custom u a straight header to the rear, and get the Thrux R or street twin muffler or any other muffler.

if not just change the muffler if u intend to keep the cat.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hi,
I made a test ride on both T120 and Street Twin... the ST is much agile and handling is easier ....(funnyer) so I tried to understand the chassis modifications ...
Looking at both t120 and ST specification, the only item I could notice that would provide more agility is the triple tree that is different with reduced angle. Wheels are the some dimensions.
I couldn't find any other difference on the chassis (fork length, rear damper length ...?) swing arm length ?

Ultimate would be to provide he Bonneville the same handling than the ST... by only installing a ST triple tree (?)
Thanks.
Overall increased weight and those heavy ass two front rotors, carrier-calipers!
And, although I would only imagine this on my T120.... maybe pulling the fork tubes up 3/8" to 5/8" into the triple tree clamps, cutting two links out of the drive chain, using a master link and thus pulling the rear wheel forward in the swing arm, would probably make the bike feel slightly more agile.
Pure speculation.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Replacing the T120's heavy front brake rotors with those of the T100 make a really noticeable change in handling. Didn't think it would, but it did.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts