Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I have a 2019 Bonneville T100 that I have about 6k miles on so far. One issue that I've noticed is if I go on 4+ hour rides, I start to get A LOT of pain in my butt and knees.

I'm 6'0, so I think the knee issue would be solved with seat that's a little higher.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a comfortable aftermarket seat that also sits you a little higher? I've looked at Corbin, but have heard mixed things about how comfortable they actually are. For $500+ it doesn't sound appealing that some people find it so uncomfortable.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
on the cheep you or an upholster could pull the cover off + add foam. just checked seat concepts i used on my g650gs has a "kit" for a tall comfort seat seat, either you install or xtra $$ they will. its eze only correct spray glue + an air stapler are needed

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm a big fan of my British Customs slammer seat. I'm 6"2 and its helped quite a bit at the knees. It's a bit tough at first, but after break-in it's quite comfortable for longer treks.
I have a brown BC slammer seat for sale. Bought it but decided to go a different direction. Its brand new.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm a big fan of my British Customs slammer seat. I'm 6"2 and its helped quite a bit at the knees. It's a bit tough at first, but after break-in it's quite comfortable for longer treks.
Ended up going with this and I love love love it. My knee pain issues are completely gone, which was the main issue with stock. My bum still gets a bit sore after awhile, but I think I am able to go significantly longer than with the stock seat and the soreness that I do end up getting is definitely less.

Pulled a 11 hour day the weekend before last heading to Death Valley from Sacramento via 95 through the Great Basin desert. Originally wanted to take 395 all the way there, but after getting through South Lake Tahoe, which with the ice & snow was borderline suicidal, I decided to cut my losses and take the alternate route. In any case, I'm so thankful I replaced the seat before the trip, because it would have been hell with the stock.

·
Registered
2018 Street Twin
21 Posts
Ended up going with this and I love love love it. My knee pain issues are completely gone, which was the main issue with stock. My bum still gets a bit sore after awhile, but I think I am able to go significantly longer than with the stock seat and the soreness that I do end up getting is definitely less.

Pulled a 11 hour day the weekend before last heading to Death Valley from Sacramento via 95 through the Great Basin desert. Originally wanted to take 395 all the way there, but after getting through South Lake Tahoe, which with the ice & snow was borderline suicidal, I decided to cut my losses and take the alternate route. In any case, I'm so thankful I replaced the seat before the trip, because it would have been hell with the stock.
Sounds like an awesome trip. Glad you're enjoying it!

I recommend picking up a bottle of Motul 103254 Perfect Seat. It's the cleaner that British Customs uses at the factory. Helps get road grime off and provides some solid UV protection. Non-slip and keeps that new look!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts