Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
I've owned probably 25 bikes of many genres in the past 45 years. I've had an air-cooled Bonneville mag-wheel (excellent city bike) and now a water-cooled T100. This is, hands down, the easiest riding, most balanced, most "friendly" and most versatile bike I've ever experienced. Two-up is not an issue, city riding is a breeze, and country lanes are a delight, as my wife would say. I also have a large touring bike and a sport bike, the T100 is my favorite and it will be here long after the others have moved on. I test rode the Bonneville range, and surprised myself by choosing the T100 as the best-balanced of the lot. I've added a fly screen, comfort seat, Meercat X-pipe, heated grips and GPS mount/wiring. Good luck with your choice.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a 2018 Street Twin with over 11000 miles on it. My riding has included commuting to work (2-12 miles) in stop go traffic, doing groceries (with Cortech saddlebags), day rides of around 200 miles in the North Georgia mountains and recently highway riding between New Jersey and Boston. That bike has handled all that with no complaints and I am guessing the T100 should be able to all that a little more comfortably. As a side note, that engine can take off from standstill in 3rd gear with some careful clutch work.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a 2018 Street Twin with over 11000 miles on it. My riding has included commuting to work (2-12 miles) in stop go traffic, doing groceries (with Cortech saddlebags), day rides of around 200 miles in the North Georgia mountains and recently highway riding between New Jersey and Boston. That bike has handled all that with no complaints and I am guessing the T100 should be able to all that a little more comfortably. As a side note, that engine can take off from standstill in 3rd gear with some careful clutch work.
Unfortunately, I can confirm starting in 3rd gear. I recently dropped my '17 Street Scrambler out on a trail and bent the gearshift shaft...which left me stuck in 3rd gear. The good news though is that the gears are so long that I was able to get back on the highway and still get home. 3rd gear from 0-60mph pulling about 4,000 - 4,200 RPM.

And to get back on topic, you can absolutely ride this bike the way you are describing. As many others have said it actually would be very well suited for it. Amazing bike, you wont be disappointed.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts