Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Bonneville T100
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a '15 T100 from a private seller. I only did a short test ride, but the bike seemed to be working well. I trailered the bike home and when I tried to ride it the next day it was difficult to start and would die during idle. I took it to a local mechanic who replaced the fuel pump with an aftermarket product and cleaned the regulator. I brought the bike home and after filling the tank and warming it up it ran much better that night. Since then, its previous issues have started up again. In addition, the throttle is responding poorly and lagging. This is my first bike, and I've spent more hours checking forums than I have riding. Does this sound like it's still a fuel pump issue, or could it be an undiagnosed issue with the TPS or another sensor. The mechanic I went to did not have the necessary tools/software to run diagnostics. I have purchased the OBD cable and will download TuneECE when it arrives. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently purchased a '15 T100 from a private seller. I only did a short test ride, but the bike seemed to be working well. I trailered the bike home and when I tried to ride it the next day it was difficult to start and would die during idle. I took it to a local mechanic who replaced the fuel pump with an aftermarket product and cleaned the regulator. I brought the bike home and after filling the tank and warming it up it ran much better that night. Since then, its previous issues have started up again. In addition, the throttle is responding poorly and lagging. This is my first bike, and I've spent more hours checking forums than I have riding. Does this sound like it's still a fuel pump issue, or could it be an undiagnosed issue with the TPS or another sensor. The mechanic I went to did not have the necessary tools/software to run diagnostics. I have purchased the OBD cable and will download TuneECE when it arrives. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
I have an 09 T100 EFI And had the very same experience. After pulling the gas tank and opening it up from the bottom (new gasket $35) it became apparent that the pump was clogged with a melted rubbery goo caused by the previous owner using a fuel additive which resolved the rubber baffle housing. Deciding to replace everything in there, fuel pump, pressure regulator, hoses, new baffle and housing, fuel level sensor and fuel filter put the bike back in working order. It runs well, but I have to have the choke 1/2 out for it to idle. It will do a hundred easily now. Oh, new plugs, new air filter too. All totaled, just under $300 and a long weekend.

·
Registered
2015 Bonneville T100
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have an 09 T100 EFI And had the very same experience. After pulling the gas tank and opening it up from the bottom (new gasket $35) it became apparent that the pump was clogged with a melted rubbery goo caused by the previous owner using a fuel additive which resolved the rubber baffle housing. Deciding to replace everything in there, fuel pump, pressure regulator, hoses, new baffle and housing, fuel level sensor and fuel filter put the bike back in working order. It runs well, but I have to have the choke 1/2 out for it to idle. It will do a hundred easily now. Oh, new plugs, new air filter too. All totaled, just under $300 and a long weekend.
Thanks for the insight. Do you remember where you purchased your replacement parts?

·
Registered
Bonneville Black 2011 customised 904cc, 11:1, 813c cams, 44mm Street Triple TBs , TEC 2 into 1
574 Posts
When you get your Tune ECU and cable check the TPS and adjust as per manual, check balance of throttle bodies and adjust. What you should check as well is the MAP sensor air hoses from the MAP sensor to the inlet manifolds for leaking….. If they are leaking they show the ECU as motor less manifold pressure is low throttle partly open so motor is running lean so riches fuel mixture.

i experienced this issue and was a simple fix replaced air lines leaking with 3mm ID silicon line

·
Registered
2015 Bonneville T100
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you get your Tune ECU and cable check the TPS and adjust as per manual, check balance of throttle bodies and adjust. What you should check as well is the MAP sensor air hoses from the MAP sensor to the inlet manifolds for leaking….. If they are leaking they show the ECU as motor less manifold pressure is low throttle partly open so motor is running lean so riches fuel mixture.

i experienced this issue and was a simple fix replaced air lines leaking with 3mm ID silicon line
Thanks! I'll update as soon as I'm able to run some diagnostics

1 - 5 of 5 Posts