Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Here is a picture of a Russell Day Long seat. it is also available in a double bucket.

Attachments

·
Registered
606 Posts
triumph contemporary seat (not sold my triumph anymore) on my 10 SE...

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Now here's a thread after my own heart!

The bike (a 2012), brand new with a pre- '09 stock seat (taller than the new seats):

Burton DS001 seat:

Dime City cafe racer seat:

Thruxton gel seat with cowl:

With the solo-seat-with-rack:

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
I'd say the Burton is by far the best all around; shape, foam density, height - it's all damned near perfect.
That's followed closely by the Solo seat - that's definitely the most comfortable factory seat, in my opinion.
The Thrux isn't bad, but it's a little too low for my long-ish legs, so even though the butt-factor-comfort is fairly good, I'm not nearly as comfortable riding with it since my legs are a bit cramped. Your results may vary. ;)

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I got an Airhawk2 in cruiser small size for my ironing board Bonneville seat as I'm planning a tour. Tried it and it felt crap. With Biltwell tracker bars I sit close to the tank and most of the Airhawk was behind me pushing me forward, felt weird.

So I tried it on my thruxton which has a Corbin gunfighter, fit was pretty close to perfect in size. Took her for a 110 mile ride today on some pretty terrible road surfaces and it was real nice. Because of the bucket shape of the Corbin it really supports well over my whole (not hole) butt. The Corbin is pretty good for comfort but because it's very hard foam it does bounce you round in the rough stuff. The Airhawk really absorbed the shocks and made it much more pleasant.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Still can't figure out how to attach photos from my desktop but I did get a Mustang, It is nice, love it hate it Im keeping this puppy.

·
Registered
147 Posts
MAS seat/cowl, comfy so far. Upgraded suspension didn't hurt either.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Bumping this thread because I'm currently shopping for a seat. I'm looking at Texavina and JP Vintage right now. They both seem like a good balance between price, quality, comfort, and looks.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts