Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems to me that there are 'sticky' threads on handlebars, exhausts, saddlebags, shocks etc, but not one on seats with pics.

SO...Scrambler gel seat

Triumph solo seat

Corbin Gunfighter and Lady

(ok so I have too many seats...)

·
Registered
390 Posts
If I knew how to post a picture I'd show one of my '09 T100 with it's "Day Long Saddle". I use my Bonnie a number of times each year for touring (I'm an ex BMW K1200 LT and Gold Wing GL 1800 rider) and a comfortable long distance, all day saddle is very important to me. I've ridden over 400 mile days and at age 67 my knees and shoulders give out long before my bottom!

Doesn't look out of place though it's obvious it's not a stock seat.

Karl

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure how to make this a sticky

I have been reading seat threads here foe a while and think this should be a sticky, but I am not sure how to make it one :eek:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Recoverd Scram Gel Seat

I didn't like the material on the top of the scram gel seat, found it too hard to move around, so I had it recovered by a local craftsman. He added a layer of foam over the gel so it would not get as hot as lava in the sun. The most comfortable seat I have had on the T100 :D

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
A couple more contributions

Thruxton (Contemporary) gel seat. Slightly thicker, I think, than a non-gel.

MAS Race seat. I think this seat was discontinued.

OEM seat from an '05, redone by Spenser (greatdaytoride.com) and shaved about 1/2" in the front.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
If I knew how to post a picture I'd show one of my '09 T100 with it's "Day Long Saddle". I use my Bonnie a number of times each year for touring (I'm an ex BMW K1200 LT and Gold Wing GL 1800 rider) and a comfortable long distance, all day saddle is very important to me. I've ridden over 400 mile days and at age 67 my knees and shoulders give out long before my bottom!

Doesn't look out of place though it's obvious it's not a stock seat.

Karl
Hey Karl,

Funny, I posted a request for a Russell seat photo just before I checked today's postings and now I see your post.

It is pretty easy to post photos if you have them on your computer and I would be very happy to see your photos. The instructions are here:

www.triumphrat.net/twins-talk/127352-posting-pictures.html

Watch the photo size. When I post a photo from my iPhoto, I export it to my desktop first and I choose "Low JPEG quality." I sure hope you get a couple of photos up.

Regards, Chuck

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
corbin gunfighter (older model)

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
MotoTwin seat on my 07

·
Registered
6,085 Posts
Custom Sargent on stock seat pan on an '09 T-100.

·
Registered
6,085 Posts
Great looking seat, lambroving... a nice touch to your already classic looking T100.
Thanks. Delicate bottom these days and needed all the help I could get! Nothing is a panacea on this bike but I rode a pal's Sargent before ordering mine and benefited from his experience before ordering mine. It took him three tries to get exactly what he wanted which was costly. Mine is less dished in the front that his. You can see the differences here but anything is possible. Cost is ~ $350 - $400 depending on options. My seat piping is thinner than my pal's. http://www.triumphrat.net/members/albums/48473-lambroving/

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Nice looking seat! Mine is the same in all black on post #8. I really like the old style logo on the back. I was scared to get the two tone, but yours sure does look great.
The MotoTwin seat from Mike at BellaCorse "sort of" matches the gray top seats on my '66 Bonnies.

'01 Kwak W650, '66 T120R, '07 T100

Dick

Reactions: GreenBonnie01
1 - 20 of 81 Posts