Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
take your seat and a good picture of what you want into a good upholsteror and get him to redo your seat for probably a 1/5 of the cost of a new seat i just did this but i changed mine to look more like the 79 bonne very proffessioal looking.brent

·
Registered
317 Posts
take your seat and a good picture of what you want into a good upholsteror and get him to redo your seat for probably a 1/5 of the cost of a new seat i just did this but i changed mine to look more like the 79 bonne very proffessioal looking.brent
pic of the finished result please !:)

·
Registered
212 Posts
I bought the King and Queen seat but still found that I was too wide in the front for me. Taking the advice of someone on this forum, I pulled the cover off and used a wood rasp to carve the seat into the shape I wanted. It worked great. BTW, the local upholstery shop wanted $175 to do the job.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Which bike do you have Buckieleach? I have a new SE and was thinking about getting a T100 seat for it. I'm 6'1" and could use the extra leg room.

Russ

·
Registered
23 Posts
Bonnie Gel Seat

Try ordering Part # A9700246. This is listed as a "Gel Seat" and is available through Triumph dealers for $289.95. I replaced my 2008 T100 seat and it is a BIG improvement. The stock seat gave me butt burn after about 75 miles:eek:, but the gel seat is good for about 300 miles before the burn starts. I had tried previously to order the same seat from Motorcycle Accessory Discount Superstore (shown in their on-line catalog for $254.99) but is was back ordered twice and I never was able to get one. My local Triumph dealer (Orange Park Motorsports, Jax, Florida) got one out of the Triumph warehouse in Atlanta in three days.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Gel Seat

Sorry.... forgot to mention that this seat looks exactly like the 2009 seats: lower and a little more narrow in the front. I have 20mm longer hagon rear shocks so the seat is angled slightly forward, but it's okay. With stock length shocks it should be quite comfortable!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Buckshot

Buckshot, I have a 2001, just bought from a friend, he put a K and Q seat on it after he got it, so the seat is almost new. If you are interested in trading, I'd be up for it. The 2009 seat is about $100 more than the older one, I could pay the difference.

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Triumph is coming out with a new Alcantara suede like seat for all Bonnevilles. Should be available shortly and it is gorgeous. It even comes with a nylon cover to put over it for wet weather and storage.

·
Registered
138 Posts
re 2009 seat

i have a stock new 2009 bonneville seat for sale ££, ideal for a lowering mod for the shorter rider and looks more sporty

offers

·
Premium Member
2,849 Posts
Triumph is coming out with a new Alcantara suede like seat for all Bonnevilles. Should be available shortly and it is gorgeous. It even comes with a nylon cover to put over it for wet weather and storage.

Sounds interesting, where did you hear about that and would you by chance have any photo's?

Cheers

·
Registered
147 Posts
Buckieleach, I would consider trading straight across if your seat is in very good shape, mine only has 2000 miles on it. Can anyone confirm if a 2001 T100 seat would fit the new SE? Thanks...

Russ

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Russ - that's sounds great, let me check with my friend to make sure about the condition and I will get back to you within a day- Buckie

1 - 17 of 17 Posts