Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gang - I picked up my 2006 T100 (Black and Red) last Summer. On rides longer than an hour I find the seat to be a bit of a brick. Any recommendations from any of you who've made the switch? My dealer here in Portland Oregon suggested the Thruxton seat. He said they are gel seats and more comfortable. They seem to be a pretty penny, but I'm sure most replacements will be. I just want to make sure I'm getting the most comfortable seat if I am going to lay out the cash. I like the cafe look of the Thruxton seat.

Any suggestions and advice you can offer are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Todd

·
Registered
666 Posts
T,

I recently opted for the Sixty8 Contemporary saddle (got it at a deal) over the Thrux gel seat due to rumors that the gel holds heat, otherwise they are the same. Many folks love the gel though so it is probably cozy. Anyhow, I have found the saddle is more comfortable than stock. The Corbins are so spendy, hard for me to justify but the smuggler does look cool when painted to match the bike.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I bought the Scrambler gel seat for my Bonnie and I like it. It looks very nice too. I dont think the heat holding issue is as bad as everyone says. Payed about $190 from Hermy's

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I got the Triumph Solo Seat from Hermy's for $238.50. It is flatter, more supportive, and has a better shape. For one-up, it works for me...but don't expect it to turn your bike into something that is a "Barcalounger". A custom seat and a good windshield or fairing is what is needed for 200+ miles per day. You can do it without, but the fun fades...

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Todd,

This is (maybe was) Triumph's promo shot of a T100 with some factory accessories installed.

Apparently they thought the solo seat was the best looking seat at the time... so do I.

It's real comfy as well, but just for one. Sorry... no biker chicks. :hihi:

Solo seat and SuperBars is the combo that works great for me. :upthumb:

So what took you so long to get HERE anyway
???

·
Registered
751 Posts
Hey Todd

Get yourself a skinny woman, if she loves you she'll sit on the racing hump and she won't squash it! Falling that get a reinforced fender and a heavy lady.

I just Bought a Grey top from Bellacorse looks great and is slightly slimmer for my short legs.

Jon (UK)

G

·
If you TRULY are interested in maximum comfort and distance riding, for me the only seat is the Russell Day-Long saddle. About 5 years ago, I did 1032 miles in a little over 18 hours on a BMW R1100RT with a Russell Day-Long. Each saddle is custom built to the specific measurements and weight of the rider (and passenger, if you wish). Although Triumph is not mentioned in their product listing, they will build seats for any bike on an as-ordered basis. They are expensive (approximately $600)...but if you are the kind of rider who wants to put in 500+ mile days, I believe they are the only way to go. I've owned and tried Corbin and Sargent saddles, and for me, they don't come close to the Russell.

[ This message was edited by: DelawareDon on 2007-03-10 10:48 ]

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
A tiny hiny will fit nicely on the "hump" Looks nice!! Good way to select your passengers? My HD garage buds seat is a lot less desirable than that! I rode on it for a mile & it sucks!! :) :cool:

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
I like the solo seat because it allows me to slide back a little bit when one spot gets tiresome. Instead of being stuck in one spot like some of the others, like the Corbin seats for example.

In the long straight aways or in windy conditions I'm able to slide back a little bit. Sometimes even get towards the back of the seat and rest my elbows on my knees... that feels a lot better than it sounds BTW. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the replies guys!

I do like the solo seat and was looking at it. Great link to madss, I'll save that one.

With the Thruxton gel seat, does anyone know if it comes with the rear cowl? It's shown in all the pics, but doesn't specifically say. I'd bet it doesn't (wish it did).

Hmmm, now as to which is more comfortable - the gel or solo.

Thanks again - Todd

[ This message was edited by: twhitaker on 2007-03-11 00:20 ]

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
No cowl included. Its your call on the solo or gel.I`ve had every different seat on my bike and resisted every effort to try the Corbin,but the wife bought me one for Christmas anyway and its gonna stay on there,dang it. After some slight modding to make it closer to the bars,it is very comfy and didn`t need any break in to fit my bony butt. :-D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts