Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at the Triumph accessory seat cowl for the Bonneville, and it looks like it screws or bolts right to the side of the seat!

I am hoping the attachment will be unobtrusive...

Has anyone installed one on their Bonnie?

·
30,296 Posts
I used to have one - the cowl bolts on to the contemporary seat only - it doesn't fit any of the other seats.

There are only two small screws visible, very unobtrusive. I think they look quite good. I am hoping to customize my corbin seat and fit a seat cowl to it.

·
30,296 Posts
Here's a picture of mine when I had the cowl on it:

You can just see the mount screw at the bottom of the cowl, above the side bag.

I swapped the seat for a different one with one of our members, but I still have plans to put the cowl back on. We'll see.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dang it....that is some usefull info. LOL, but not what I was hoping.

Thanks for saving me the trouble!

·
Registered
372 Posts
i wouldn't worry about the screws. they match the cowls that are on every other cafe'ed bike i have ever seen. i have an 08 bonnie in forest green that i installed a thruxton gel seat/cowl on. i had the cowl painted to the forest green as to match the bike. looks great to me and anyone else that has seen it. my only real disappointment is that the bonnie rear fender is quite a bit longer than the thruxton rear. my plans are to install the rear fender from a thruxton and paint it to the forest green. by the way, if you want the cowl and/or the thruxton gel seat, get it from www.madss.com. they have the best prices and their service was great! even with the seat on back order i recieved it in 3 weeks! great for any Triumph Accessory! -keith

1 - 6 of 6 Posts