Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am buying a '09 Bonneville SE today and already looking at upgrading the exhausts to the British Customs Predator exhaust system. Since this bike is EFI, do I need to do anything other than get a new mapping? Do dealers have mapping for the predator or does the standard map work well enough?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Stock map will work nicely...what I have with my TORS...EFI is adaptive...but....more performance to be had with remapping. Word is...these bikes are still pretty new...Arrow 2 into 1 map is best for combo of performance and throttle response. That would be the map I would go with unless you want to do a Power Commander which maybe the best of all.
Hope that helps,
George
PS: With the new Bonneville with upswept pipes...make sure you get the right Preds for your bike. The new base Bonneville and SE have slightly different header geometry.

·
Registered
445 Posts
BC Sleepers

I am buying a '09 Bonneville SE today and already looking at upgrading the exhausts to the British Customs Predator exhaust system. Since this bike is EFI, do I need to do anything other than get a new mapping? Do dealers have mapping for the predator or does the standard map work well enough?
I'm running BC Sleepers with Arrow 2-into-2 exhaust map. Bike is running like a dream.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I highly recommend that you consider Dominator Touring. If stock is a 1 in terms of decibels, Predators are a 10 and Dominator Tourings are roughly 8. Same power increase, more torque, sound great but won't make you go deaf.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Doesnt look like they have the Dominators available for the EFI 2009 Bonneville yet. :-(
I have Dominator Touring's on my 2009 EFI Bonneville T100. I love them. By the way, in terms of db's on a scale of 1 to 10, I meant to say stock pipes are a 1, Predator's are an 8 and Dominator Touring's a 6.

·
30,533 Posts
OH, do the T100 and the SE use the same exhaust fittings?
That I do not know, but your best bet is to call Carlos at TPUSA, or Sean at British Customs (whichever dealer you choose to go with) and talk through the options, they will make sure you get the right stuff.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Dominators for New Bonneville/Bonneville SE

I have been communicating with Carlos at TPUSA about Dominator Touring silencers; they are not available yet but should be soon. They had to rework the inlet and mounting location (the Dominators for the T-100 & Thruxton will not fit the New Bonneville or SE). Carlos told me that he will post the new Dominators on their website within 1 week of availability. I'm in love with my blue/white SE & can't wait to get them!

·
Registered
6 Posts
For the 2009 Bonneville, is there a decent sounding exhaust that is not upswept? I like the sound of Predator, but they seem to be all upswept.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Sorry I know this is an old topic.

I just wanted to confirm that the arrow 2into2 map is best for the BC predator exhaust (without putting the bike on the dyno)?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have tried several maps on my '09 SE with predators, and found the arrow 2/1 to be the best for me. I experienced a lot of popping on decel with the 2/2. Get yourself a laptop and a VAG cable and experiment with TuneECU, it's fantastic.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts