Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Does anybody else have problems with throttle control? The bike can be on occasion a bit jumpy with the throttle, so I am wonder how I can make it smoother, at the moment I try to keep the revs faster than idle when pressing the clutch and that seems to help.

My bike has just done over 4,000 miles.

Grateful for any tips to improve throttle control, whether it is riding skills or modifying the throttle.

Many thanks

Daffy

·
Premium Member
20,740 Posts
It's a well-known issue usually cured by some mods and a TTP tune:

http://www.triumphtwinpower.com/triumph-twin-power-efi-tunes.php

Some mechanical adjustments can help:

Keeping chain lubricated and its slack adjusted to the lower end of the allowed range, i.e. about 20 mm.

Raising the idle speed to around 1100 rpm or even a little more.

Removing as much slack as possible from the throttle cable without the idle speed being affected by turning the bars to either side, or at least ensuring that it's set to the minimum standard slack, 2 mm.

Applying some grease between the throttle drum sleeve and the bars and ensuring the cables are free and lubricated.

If you do a Google search using the window at the top and enter "throttle snatch" there are lots of threads with ideas and opinions.

·
Registered
6,143 Posts
Also, if you don't want to do the "tune" thing, on mine just plugging the AI hose at the air box, (left side cover), removed most of my snatch. Might work for you. Costs nothing to try.

Reactions: RJ64
1 - 4 of 4 Posts