Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been using this forum since I purchased a Bonnie 18 months ago.

just wondering what the sale figures or percentages are in different countries.

going by the forum members it is obvious that most end up in USA, a few in Australia and the UK but rarely here of Bonnie riders in other places.

just curious

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
I think that it's the demographics related to the bike. There are plenty of them running around in Austria, Italy, & Germany. The low countries are still a bit remote for any market/demographic. Ahhh, PARADISE.

We as a forum just have not reached out into that market as yet.

I have been told that the Bonneville is the #1 purchased Triumph moto.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Not sure about demographics, but was reading an article and it stated that Triumph produced about 45,000 bikes a year, compared to over 13 million by Honda. To be honest, one of the reasons I have a Triumph.

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Yes Honda produces over 13 mill, Triumph right around 42,000, Ducati is just under 40,000 and Harley is 330,000.

I love Triumph for that reason as well. That being said I am willing to bet that in the next 5 years Triumph will be over 55,000. The popularity of the 675, the S3 and Str3 will force that.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
When I went on the factory tour in 2006 we were told Triumph would do 50,000 bikes that year.
Last year, ie 2008 - they said they had produced more than 50,000 bikes.
There has been a rapid expansion of the dealer network so I think Calliway is probably right - circa 55,000 or more per annum is not unreasonable and sales seem to be holding up. The main reason - the dominant reason - is the popularity of the classics, particularly the bonnie range.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Over the past few years I have done a lot of traveling around South-East Asia. Thailand, Malaysia & Indonesia. When you see the amount of bikes on the road (All in the 50cc to 125cc range) you can see where Honda's 13 million bikes go. I wonder what their bike production was of bikes in the 500cc to 1000cc range!

FrankW

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Frank, that is exactly right. Honda's biggest production models are the little guys and they go to the Asian and Indo markets.

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
That must include all Triumph Bonnevilles, past and present. I believe the Daytona 675 is the current best seller.
You may be right Joe. I just happened to mention to the gal in the S.J. Cal. dealer where I bought mine that I do not see too many of them around. A few but, not many.

I added that I wondered if the sales on Bonnies were not as great as the other models and, that's when she told me what I related here.:)

I love my T100. It's the perfect bike for me being a first time owner. I am learning and, becoming more confident and aggressive as I go. I think that it's a very forgiving moto.

That said, I do have a hankering to go to the opposite end and, in the future may add a Street TRIPLE. Love the naked look and, the upright riding position really appeals to me.:D

I'll wait though until, I think that I can handle the 40HP increase in power.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts