Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make a seat for a new Bonneville that looks like the original from 59?

·
Registered
10,209 Posts
Isn't that the seat it came with? The one that everyone replaces or modifies?

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Haggis,
Bellacorse used to carry some that were pretty close. Look at some of the bikes that Mike built on his website. I want to say that they were Norman Hydes brand, but I could be wrong. I would hope they are still available somewhere.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haggis,
Bellacorse used to carry some that were pretty close. Look at some of the bikes that Mike built on his website. I want to say that they were Norman Hydes brand, but I could be wrong. I would hope they are still available somewhere.
Thanks rmak for actually helping. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
325 Posts
You might also try Sargent seats; they offer custom work and you could get some first rate foam while you are at it. Prices seemed very reasonable to me too.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
how about a scrambler seat? it's got the white piping...
Yup, I have a Scrambler Gel seat on my Tang and Opal T-100. The white piping really looks nice on it. Plus the Scrambler seat is taller in front so it helps with taller riders.

Also, the Scrambler Gel Seat is only $195.49 (unless you are in NJ...then there is tax)...and that includes shipping. (From MADSS). It will just take 3 weeks or so for you to get it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Does that scrambler seat fit a T100 with no modification? Also,is the comfort level better than stock,(including for passenger)? It looks great!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Scrambler seat on T100

I also put the Scrambler gel seat on my T100. I can confirm that it will bolt right up without modification.

As one of the previous posters indicated, it is higher in the front, which is nice for taller riders. I am not one of those, though, and would like it to be closer to the profile of the stock seat.

The gel is very comfortable. I found that I had a tendency to slide too far forward on the stock seat due to the shape which had several adverse side effects such as getting hit with more wind, vibrations on my nether regions (okay, not so adverse), and mirror positioning seemed off. Obviously, you can slide just about anywhere on the stock seat, but over time I would find that I had slid forward back into this position.

The only real downside to the gel Scrambler seat is that it has a very tacky surface. I find that I cannot slide around on it at all lest I expose a plumber's crack. I have to stand up a bit and reposition. That is no big deal, but I would prefer a leather like cover.

Here are a couple of photos:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
The seats are interchangable, I/ve had a stock Scrambler seat for a while now although it isn't too much more comfortable than the stocker. I have recently bought a used Scrambler gel seat but haven't used it yet as the snow is with us. The guy I bought it off sold it because he couldn't move about the bike as the seat gripped too much.
The white piping is what makes the seat for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts